Brian H Irwin
Affiliation: University of Vermont
- Complications and conversions of upper tract urological laparoendoscopic single-site surgery (LESS): multicentre experience: results from the NOTES Working GroupBrian H Irwin
Glickman Urological and Kidney Institute, Cleveland, OH, USA
BJU Int 107:1284-9. 2011..This study, a compilation of results from members of the NOTES working group, is the first study to address the rates of complications and conversions to conventional laparoscopy at the time of LESS surgery in urology...
- Laparoendoscopic single-site pyeloplasty: a comparison with the standard laparoscopic techniqueRobert J Stein
Cleveland Clinic, Glickman Urological and Kidney Institute, Cleveland, OH, USA
BJU Int 107:811-5. 2011..To compare laparoendoscopic single-site (LESS) and standard laparoscopic pyeloplasty procedures with the aim of defining whether perioperative, recovery or health-related quality of life (HRQL) benefits exist for the LESS procedure...
- Single-port transvesical enucleation of the prostate: a clinical report of 34 casesMihir M Desai
Department of Urology, Cleveland Clinic, OH, USA
BJU Int 105:1296-300. 2010..To present our experience with single-port transvesical enucleation of the prostate (STEP) in 34 patients with large-volume benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH)...
- Complex percutaneous resections for upper-tract urothelial carcinomaBrian H Irwin
Steven B Streem Center for Endourology, Glickman Urological and Kidney Institute, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
J Endourol 24:367-70. 2010..Percutaneous endoscopic resection is a viable treatment option for upper-tract urothelial carcinoma (UC) in selected patients. We present our experience with patients who underwent percutaneous resections for complex urothelial tumors...
- Single-port transvesical excision of foreign body in the bladderMichael S Ingber
Glickman Urological and Kidney Institute, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Urology 74:1347-50. 2009..To present a novel technique to remove intravesical polypropylene mesh through a single laparoscopic port placed directly into the bladder...
- Laparoendoscopic single-site surgery: initial hundred patientsMihir M Desai
Department of Urology, Glickman Urological and Kidney Institute, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio 44196, USA
Urology 74:805-12. 2009..To report our initial experience with laparoendoscopic single-site (LESS) surgery in 100 patients in urology...
- Robotic laparoendoscopic single-site surgery using GelPort as the access platformRobert J Stein
Glickman Urologic and Kidney Institute, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Eur Urol 57:132-6. 2010..The da Vinci Surgical System provides advantages of easy articulation and improved ergonomics; however, an ideal platform for these procedures has not been identified...
- Laparoendoscopic single site surgery in urologyBrian H Irwin
Department of Urology, Stevan B Streem Center for Endourology, Glickman Urological and Kidney Institute, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Urol Clin North Am 36:223-35, ix. 2009..Ultimately, prospective studies that compare the safety and effectiveness of this new approach with the standard conventional laparoscopic approach will determine the future role in surgical practice...
- Laparoscopic radical cystectomy: current status, outcomes, and patient selectionBrian H Irwin
Department of Urology, Center for Laparoscopic and Robotic Surgery, Glickman Urological and Kidney Institute, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Curr Treat Options Oncol 10:243-55. 2009....