E L Ionides
Affiliation: University of Michigan
- Stochastic models for cell motion and taxisEdward L Ionides
Department of Statistics, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
J Math Biol 48:23-37. 2004..In this case, an Ornstein- Uhlenbeck model for cell velocity is found to compare favorably with a nonlinear diffusion model...
- Inference for nonlinear dynamical systemsE L Ionides
Department of Statistics, University of Michigan, 1085 South University Avenue, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 1107, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:18438-43. 2006..We construct confidence intervals, perform residual analysis, and apply other diagnostics. Our analysis, based upon a model capturing the intrinsic nonlinear dynamics of the system, reveals some effects overlooked by previous studies...
- Naive coadaptive cortical controlGregory J Gage
Department of Biomedical Engineering, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
J Neural Eng 2:52-63. 2005..This study demonstrates that subjects can learn to generate neural control signals that are well suited for use with external devices without prior experience or training...
- The reversal of the relation between economic growth and health progress: Sweden in the 19th and 20th centuriesJOSE A TAPIA GRANADOS
Institute of Labor and Industrial Relations and School of Social Work, University of Michigan, 1111 East Catherine Street, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 2054, United States
J Health Econ 27:544-63. 2008..Models using inflation and unemployment as economic indicators reveal similar results. Evidence for reverse effects of health progress on economic growth is weak, and unobservable in the second half of the 20th century...
- Inapparent infections and cholera dynamicsAaron A King
Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109, USA
Nature 454:877-80. 2008..Our experience suggests that the confrontation of time-series data with mechanistic models is likely to revise our understanding of the ecology of many infectious diseases...
- Forecasting models of emergency department crowdingLisa M Schweigler
Department of Emergency Medicine, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Acad Emerg Med 16:301-8. 2009..The authors investigated whether models using time series methods can generate accurate short-term forecasts of emergency department (ED) bed occupancy, using traditional historical averages models as comparison...
- Plug-and-play inference for disease dynamics: measles in large and small populations as a case studyDaihai He
Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
J R Soc Interface 7:271-83. 2010..Our approach is readily applicable to many other epidemiological and ecological systems...
- Patterns of influenza-associated mortality among US elderly by geographic region and virus subtype, 1968-1998Sharon K Greene
Department of Epidemiology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Am J Epidemiol 163:316-26. 2006..23, standard deviation = 0.058). These novel analyses suggest that causes of spatial heterogeneity (e.g., large-scale environmental drivers and population movement) have impacted influenza-associated mortality...