Olga B Ioffe
Affiliation: University of Maryland
- Progranulin (GP88) tumor tissue expression is associated with increased risk of recurrence in breast cancer patients diagnosed with estrogen receptor positive invasive ductal carcinomaGinette Serrero
A and G Pharmaceutical Inc, 9130 Red Branch Rd, Columbia, MD 21045, USA
Breast Cancer Res 14:R26. 2012..Based on these results, the present study examines GP88 prognostic significance in association with recurrence and death risks for ER+ IDC patients...
- Proposal of a new scoring scheme for the diagnosis of noninvasive endocervical glandular lesionsOlga B Ioffe
Department of Pathology, University of Maryland Medical System, Room NBW43A, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 27:452-60. 2003..The use of this scheme will result in more consistency of data in series from different institutions and will allow uniformity on the issue of adenocarcinoma in situ precursor lesions...
- Symposium part 3: Should pathologists diagnose endocervical preneoplastic lesions "less than" adenocarcinoma in situ?: PointOlga B Ioffe
Department of Pathology, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore 21201, USA
Int J Gynecol Pathol 22:18-21. 2003..Application of our scoring scheme will bring uniformity to the diagnosis of noninvasive endocervical glandular lesions and allow the study of a precursor to endocervical adenocarcinoma..
- Metallothionein expression in invasive and in situ breast carcinomasLisa M Gallicchio
Department of Epidemiology and Preventive Medicine, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Cancer Detect Prev 29:332-7. 2005..MT expression was assessed using immunohistochemical procedures and semi-quantified using an immunoreactivity score...
- Pathology of cervical cancerSteven G Silverberg
Department of Anatomic Pathology, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21201, USA
Cancer J 9:335-47. 2003..The differential diagnosis of these tumors with tumor like glandular lesions is given special attention. Finally, less common malignant cervical tumors are covered, with an emphasis being placed on their significance...
- Epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition promotes tubulin detyrosination and microtentacles that enhance endothelial engagementRebecca A Whipple
Marlene and Stewart Greenebaum National Cancer Institute Cancer Center, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Cancer Res 70:8127-37. 2010....
- Cystic lesions of the breast: sonographic-pathologic correlationWendie A Berg
Department of Radiology and Greenebaum Cancer Center, University of Maryland Medical Center, 419 W Redwood St, Suite 110, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Radiology 227:183-91. 2003..To understand the pathologic basis for sonographic features of cystic lesions of the breast and determine appropriate assessment and management recommendations for these lesions based on sonographic appearance...
- α-Tubulin acetylation elevated in metastatic and basal-like breast cancer cells promotes microtentacle formation, adhesion, and invasive migrationAmanda E Boggs
University of Maryland, Baltimore, Graduate Program in Life Sciences, Baltimore, Maryland University of Maryland Marlene and Stewart Greenebaum NCI Cancer Center, Baltimore, Maryland
Cancer Res 75:203-15. 2015....
- Performance characteristics of ultrasound-guided fine-needle aspiration of axillary lymph nodes for metastatic breast cancer employing rapid on-site evaluation of adequacy: analysis of 136 cases and review of the literatureAdele D Fung
Department of Pathology, University of Maryland School of Medicine and University of Maryland Medical Center, Baltimore, Maryland
Cancer Cytopathol 122:282-91. 2014..Rapid on-site evaluation for adequacy (ROSE) can improve definitive diagnosis rates but has not been well characterized in this setting...
- Targeting abnormal DNA repair in therapy-resistant breast cancersLisa A Tobin
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21201, USA
Mol Cancer Res 10:96-107. 2012....
- Metastasizing pleomorphic adenoma of the salivary glandVarsha Manucha
Department of Pathology, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD, USA
Arch Pathol Lab Med 132:1445-7. 2008..Metastasectomy confers significant survival advantage over nonoperative treatment for localized and accessible metastases, but there is no definite treatment protocol available in cases of widespread metastases...
- Artefact as the pathologist's friend: peritumoral retraction in in situ and infiltrating duct carcinoma of the breastJunji Irie
Department of Pathology, University of Maryland School of Medicine and Medical Center, Baltimore, Maryland 21201, USA
Int J Surg Pathol 15:53-9. 2007..We discuss the possibility that this phenomenon might represent true prelymphatic space involvement rather than a fixation artefact...
- Recent developments and selected diagnostic problems in carcinomas of the endometriumOlga B Ioffe
Department of Pathology, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore 21201, USA
Am J Clin Pathol 124:S42-51. 2005....
- Cigarette smoking and metallothionein expression in invasive breast carcinomasLisa Gallicchio
Department of Epidemiology and Preventive Medicine, University of Maryland School of Medicine, 655 W Baltimore St, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Toxicol Lett 152:245-53. 2004..These findings suggest that among specific groups of women, smoking at the time of breast cancer diagnosis may be associated with an increase in breast tissue MT...
- Prostaglandin E receptor EP1 suppresses breast cancer metastasis and is linked to survival differences and cancer disparitiesXinrong Ma
University of Maryland, Greenebaum Cancer Center, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Mol Cancer Res 8:1310-8. 2010..04). These studies support the hypothesis that EP1 functions as a metastasis suppressor and that loss of nuclear EP1 is associated with poorer overall survival and may contribute to disparities in outcome in different populations...
- Endometrial changes from short-term therapy with CDB-4124, a selective progesterone receptor modulatorOlga B Ioffe
Department of Pathology, University of Maryland, Baltimore, MD, USA
Mod Pathol 22:450-9. 2009..Knowledge of the constellation of endometrial changes associated with this agent and other progesterone receptor modulators, including cystic architecture and mixed non-physiologic epithelial changes will prevent misdiagnosis...
- Proliferative rate in endoscopic ultrasound fine-needle aspiration of pancreatic endocrine tumors: correlation with clinical behaviorBorislav A Alexiev
Department of Pathology, University of Maryland Medical Center, 22 S Greene Street, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Cancer 117:40-5. 2009....
- Immunohistochemical expression of cytokeratins 7 and 20 in malignant salivary gland tumorsNikolaos G Nikitakis
Department of Diagnostic Sciences and Pathology, University of Maryland, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Mod Pathol 17:407-15. 2004....
- When is a diagnosis of sclerosing adenosis acceptable at core biopsy?Harmindar K Gill
Department of Radiology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD, USA
Radiology 228:50-7. 2003..To determine concordance of imaging findings and diagnosis of sclerosing adenosis at histopathologic core biopsy and to establish the accuracy of core biopsy when cancer was coexistent...
- Effect of cellularity on the sensitivity of detecting squamous lesions in liquid-based cervical cytologyKimberley D Studeman
Department of Cytology, University of Maryland Medical System, 22 South Greene Street, Baltimore, Maryland 21201, USA
Acta Cytol 47:605-10. 2003..To evaluate the effect of cellularity on the sensitivity of both screening and diagnosis in a liquid-based cervical sample...
- Expression of PC-cell-derived growth factor in benign and malignant human breast epitheliumGinette Serrero
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Maryland School of Pharmacy and Program in Oncology, Marlene and Stewart Greenebaum Cancer Center of the University of Maryland, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Hum Pathol 34:1148-54. 2003..These characteristics, as well as the virtual absence of expression in benign breast tissue, suggest an important role of PCDGF in breast cancer pathogenesis and make it a potential novel target for the treatment of breast cancer...
- A branched histidine/lysine peptide, H2K4b, in complex with plasmids encoding antitumor proteins inhibits tumor xenograftsQixin Leng
Department of Pathology, University of Maryland Baltimore, MSTF Building, 10 South Pine Street, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
J Gene Med 8:1407-15. 2006..In this study we investigated whether a particular branched HK polymer, H2K4b, was an effective in vivo carrier of plasmids expressing the antiangiogenic kringle 1-5 or the tumor suppressor p53...
- Mitotic activity and apoptosis in endocervical glandular lesionsSuzuko Moritani
Department of Pathology, Shiga University of Medical Science, Ohtsu, Shiga, Japan
Int J Gynecol Pathol 21:125-33. 2002..MI and AI are not helpful in the differential diagnosis between minimal deviation adenocarcinoma and its benign mimics...