Affiliation: University of Arizona
- Differences in illness representation among pulmonary patients and their providersKathleen Collins Insel
College of Nursing, University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona 85721 0203, USA
J Health Psychol 10:147-62. 2005..The results demonstrate differences between the groups in illness representation. The findings have implications for understanding differences in illness representation between patient groups and providers...
- Association between change in systolic blood pressure and cognitive decline among elderly Mexican Americans: data from the Hispanic established population for epidemiology study of the elderlyKathleen C Insel
University of Arizona, College of Nursing, Tuscon, AZ 85721 0203, USA
Exp Aging Res 31:35-54. 2005..These findings suggest an association between increasing SBP and cognitive decline for normotensive elderly in this study population...
- Individualizing memory strategies to improve medication adherenceKathleen Collins Insel
College of Nursing, University of Arizona, Tucson, 85721 0203, USA
Appl Nurs Res 18:199-204. 2005..6% to 86%), suggesting that many older adults have the potential to improve adherence through individualized implementation of memory strategies...
- Executive function, working memory, and medication adherence among older adultsKathleen Insel
University of Arizona, College of Nursing, P O 210203, Tucson, AZ, 85721, USA
J Gerontol B Psychol Sci Soc Sci 61:P102-7. 2006..44, p <.01). Findings suggest that assessments of executive function and working memory can be used to identify community-dwelling older adults who may be at risk for failure to take medicines as prescribed...
- The negative association of independent personality and medication adherenceKathleen C Insel
University of Arizona, College of Nursing, P O Box 210203, Tucson, AZ 85721, USA
J Aging Health 18:407-18. 2006..This investigation examines the association of personality factors and medication adherence among older adults...
- White matter hyperintensities and medication adherenceKathleen C Insel
College of Nursing, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ 85721, USA
Biol Res Nurs 10:121-7. 2008..61, p < .05). These findings provide preliminary evidence for the association between WMH, assessments of prefrontal function, and medication adherence...