Genomes and Genes
Syed Z Imam
Affiliation: University of Texas Health Science Center
- Novel regulation of parkin function through c-Abl-mediated tyrosine phosphorylation: implications for Parkinson's diseaseSyed Z Imam
Department of Medicine, University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, Texas 78229, USA
J Neurosci 31:157-63. 2011..Moreover, inhibition of c-Abl offers new therapeutic opportunities for blocking PD progression...
- Macrophage-mediated GDNF delivery protects against dopaminergic neurodegeneration: a therapeutic strategy for Parkinson's diseaseKc Biju
Department of Medicine, University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, TX 78229 3900, USA
Mol Ther 18:1536-44. 2010..These results indicate that macrophage-mediated GDNF delivery is a promising strategy for developing a neuroprotective therapy for PD...
- Bone marrow-derived microglia-based neurturin delivery protects against dopaminergic neurodegeneration in a mouse model of Parkinson's diseaseK C Biju
Department of Medicine, University of Texas Health Science Center, 7703 Floyd Curl Drive, San Antonio, TX 78229, United States
Neurosci Lett 535:24-9. 2013..Thus, bone marrow-derived microglia can serve as cellular vehicles for sustained delivery of neurotrophic factors capable of mitigating dopaminergic injury...
- Interleukin-18-induced human coronary artery smooth muscle cell migration is dependent on NF-kappaB- and AP-1-mediated matrix metalloproteinase-9 expression and is inhibited by atorvastatinBysani Chandrasekar
Department of Veterans Affairs South Texas Veterans Health Care System, San Antonio, Texas 78229 4404, USA
J Biol Chem 281:15099-109. 2006..Atorvastatin inhibits IL-18-mediated aortic SMC migration and has therapeutic potential for attenuating the progression of atherosclerosis and restenosis...
- Role of tuberin in neuronal degenerationSamy L Habib
Department of Medicine, University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, TX, USA
Neurochem Res 33:1113-6. 2008..Our data provide new information regarding the possible role of tuberin dysfunction in major neurodegenerative disorders, such as AD and PD, whereby inhibition of tuberin function may trigger an onset of neuronal cell death...
- Cocaine induces a differential dose-dependent alteration in the expression profile of immediate early genes, transcription factors, and caspases in PC12 cells: a possible mechanism of neurotoxic damage in cocaine addictionSyed Z Imam
South Texas Veterans Health Care System and Department of Medicine, University of Texas, Health Science Center, San Antonio, Texas 78229, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1053:482-90. 2005....