Affiliation: University of Minnesota
- Polysomnography performed in the unattended home versus the attended laboratory setting--Sleep Heart Health Study methodologyConrad Iber
Department of Medicine, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, USA
Sleep 27:536-40. 2004..To compare polysomnographic recordings obtained in the home and laboratory setting...
- Sleep-related breathing disordersConrad Iber
University of Minnesota, Pulmonary and Critical Care, Hennepin County Medical Center, Minneapolis, MN 55415, USA
Neurol Clin 23:1045-57, vi-vii. 2005..Many of these disorders have consequences during both sleep and wakefulness and may produce substantial burden of symptoms and disease in untreated individuals...
- Implementation of the 80-hour work-week limitation for residents has not improved patient care and educationConrad Iber
Hennepin County Medical Center 701 Park Avenue South, Minneapolis, MN 55415, USA
J Clin Sleep Med 2:18-20. 2006
- Predictors of heartburn during sleep in a large prospective cohort studyRonnie Fass
Section of Gastroenterology, Department of Medicine, Arizona Respiratory Center, University of Arizona College of Medicine, Tucson, AZ, USA
Chest 127:1658-66. 2005..The aim of this study was to determine the clinical predictors of heartburn during sleep in a large prospective cohort study...
- Measures of cognitive function in persons with varying degrees of sleep-disordered breathing: the Sleep Heart Health StudyLori L Boland
Division of Epidemiology, School of Public Health, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55454, USA
J Sleep Res 11:265-72. 2002..In this sample of free-living individuals with mostly mild to moderate levels of SDB, the degree of SDB appeared to be unrelated to three measures of cognitive performance...
- The scoring of cardiac events during sleepSean M Caples
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, MN, USA
J Clin Sleep Med 3:147-54. 2007..In the future, expansion to multiple ECG leads and the use of alternative tools may provide better definition of heart rates and cardiac events during sleep...
- Underdiagnosis of sleep apnea syndrome in U.S. communitiesVishesh Kapur
Department of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, USA
Sleep Breath 6:49-54. 2002..We conclude that disparities (especially in women and in those with lower BMI) exist between current recognition rates for OSAHS and the estimated prevalence by symptom report across the United States...
- Short-term variability of respiration and sleep during unattended nonlaboratory polysomnography--the Sleep Heart Health Study. [corrected]Stuart F Quan
Arizona Respiratory Center and Department of Medicine, University of Arizona College of Medicine, Tucson, AZ 85724, USA
Sleep 25:843-9. 2002..To determine the short-term variability of indices of disturbed respiration and sleep during 2 nights of unattended nonlaboratory polysomnography conducted several months apart...
- Home portable monitoring and obstructive sleep apneaConrad Iber
J Clin Sleep Med 1:11-3. 2005
- The visual scoring of sleep in adultsMichael H Silber
Mayo Sleep Disorders Center, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, MN 55902, USA
J Clin Sleep Med 3:121-31. 2007..Movement time was eliminated and major body movements defined. Studies are needed to test the reliability of the new rules. Future advances in technology may require modification of these rules with time...
- History of the development of sleep medicine in the United StatesJohn W Shepard
Sleep Disorders Center, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
J Clin Sleep Med 1:61-82. 2005....
- The visual scoring of sleep and arousal in infants and childrenMadeleine Grigg-Damberger
Department of Neurology, University of New Mexico School of Medicine, Albuquerque, NM 87131 0001, USA
J Clin Sleep Med 3:201-40. 2007..We need research comparing clinical outcomes with PSG measures to better inform clinicians and families exactly what meaning a PSG has in evaluating a child's suspected sleep disorder...
- Evaluation of positive airway pressure treatment for sleep related breathing disorders in adultsPeter Gay
Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Sleep 29:381-401. 2006..Finally, the use of bilevel PAP therapy is reviewed for both patients with OSA and those with other selected nocturnal breathing disorders. Each section also contains a brief summary and suggestions for future research...
- Development of a new manual for characterizing sleepConrad Iber
Sleep 27:190-2. 2004
- Clinical guidelines for the manual titration of positive airway pressure in patients with obstructive sleep apneaClete A Kushida
Stanford University Center of Excellence for Sleep Disorders, 401 Quarry Road, Suite 3301, Stanford, CA 94305 5730, USA
J Clin Sleep Med 4:157-71. 2008..e., titration duration should be > 3 hr)...