Alexei V Iakhiaev
Affiliation: University of Texas Health Center
- Asbestos induces tissue factor in Beas-2B cells via PI3 kinase-PKC-mediated signalingAlexei Iakhiaev
Department of Specialty Care Services, University of Texas Health Center at Tyler, Tyler, Texas 75708, USA
J Toxicol Environ Health A 67:1537-47. 2004....
- Asbestos induces tissue factor in Beas-2B human lung bronchial epithelial cells in vitroAlexei Iakhiaev
Biomedical Research, The University of Texas Health Center at Tyler, Tyler, TX 75708, USA
Lung 182:251-64. 2004..The mechanism involves alterations in steady-state TF mRNA that do not involve posttranscriptional regulation, implicating control of TF gene expression at the transcriptional level through Sp1 or other transcription factors...
- Activation and degradation of protein C by primary rabbit pleural mesothelial cellsAlexei Iakhiaev
Department of Medicine, The University of Texas Health Center at Tyler, Tyler, Texas 75708, USA
Lung 184:81-8. 2006..Internalization and degradation of PC by RPMC and fibroblasts may regulate its intrapleural expression and influence remodeling of extravascular fibrin in the setting of evolving pleurodesis induced by TCN...
- Thrombin-thrombomodulin inhibits prourokinase-mediated pleural mesothelial cell-dependent fibrinolysisA V Iakhiaev
The Texas Lung Injury Institute, The University of Texas Health Center at Tyler 11937 US HWY 271 Tyler, TX 75708, USA
Thromb Res 120:715-25. 2007....
- Thrombomodulin-mediated catabolism of protein C by pleural mesothelial and vascular endothelial cellsAlexei V Iakhiaev
The University of Texas Health Sciences Center at Tyler, Texas Lung Injury Institute, 11937 US Hwy 271, Tyler, TX 75708, USA
Thromb Haemost 98:627-34. 2007..This mechanism may be pathophysiologically relevant and can contribute to an acquired PC deficiency in conditions characterized by sustained thrombin generation...
- Possible mechanisms contributing to oxidative inactivation of activated protein C: molecular dynamics studyArmen Nalian
Texas College, 2404 N Grand Avenue, Tyler, TX 75702, USA
Thromb Haemost 100:18-25. 2008..These are novel findings, which describe potentially pathophysiologically relevant changes in the functional stability of APC exposed to the oxidative stress...
- Acute cholesterol depletion impairs functional expression of tissue factor in fibroblasts: modulation of tissue factor activity by membrane cholesterolSamir K Mandal
Biomedical Research Division, The University of Texas Health Center at Tyler, Tyler, TX 75708, USA
Blood 105:153-60. 2005..Overall, the data presented herein suggest that membrane cholesterol functions as a positive regulator of TF function by maintaining TF receptors, probably in noncaveolar lipid rafts, in a high-affinity state for VIIa binding...