- Toward meaningful snag-management guidelines for postfire salvage logging in North American conifer forestsRichard L Hutto
Avian Science Center, Division of Biological Sciences, University of Montana, Missoula, MT 59812, USA
Conserv Biol 20:984-93. 2006....
- The ecological importance of severe wildfires: some like it hotRichard L Hutto
Avian Science Center, Division of Biological Sciences, University of Montana, Missoula, Montana 59812, USA
Ecol Appl 18:1827-34. 2008....
- A framework for understanding ecological traps and an evaluation of existing evidenceBruce A Robertson
Division of Biological Sciences, University of Montana, Missoula 59812, USA
Ecology 87:1075-85. 2006....
- Post-fire logging debate ignores many issuesDominick A DellaSala
Science 314:51-2. 2006
- Is the effect of forest structure on bird diversity modified by forest productivity?Jacob P Verschuyl
Ecology Department, Montana State University, Bozeman, Montana 59717 3460, USA
Ecol Appl 18:1155-70. 2008..In low-energy environments, bird diversity will likely be maximized by managing local high-energy hotspots judiciously and adjusting harvest intensities in other locations to compensate for slower regeneration rates...