Affiliation: University of Michigan
- Long-term survival in patients presenting with type A acute aortic dissection: insights from the International Registry of Acute Aortic Dissection (IRAD)Thomas T Tsai
University of Michigan Cardiovascular Center, 24 Frank Lloyd Wright Drive, Lobby A, Room 3201, P O Box 384, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48106 0384, USA
Circulation 114:I350-6. 2006..We used data from a contemporary, multi-center international registry of TA-AAD patients to better understand factors associated with long-term survival...
- Tear size and location impacts false lumen pressure in an ex vivo model of chronic type B aortic dissectionThomas T Tsai
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan Medical Center, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 5869, USA
J Vasc Surg 47:844-51. 2008..The hemodynamic consequences of differing tear size, location, and patency within the false lumen is largely unknown. We examined the impact of intimal tear size, tear number, and location on false lumen pressure...
- Acute type B aortic dissection: does aortic arch involvement affect management and outcomes? Insights from the International Registry of Acute Aortic Dissection (IRAD)Thomas T Tsai
University of Michigan Cardiovascular Center, 1500 E Medical Center Dr, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 5853, USA
Circulation 116:I150-6. 2007..However, the treatment of TB-AAD with aortic arch involvement (AAI) remains an unresolved issue...
- Partial thrombosis of the false lumen in patients with acute type B aortic dissectionThomas T Tsai
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, University of Michigan Medical Center, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 5853, USA
N Engl J Med 357:349-59. 2007..Patency or thrombosis of the false lumen in type B acute aortic dissection has been found to predict outcomes. The prognostic implications of partial thrombosis of the false lumen have not yet been elucidated...
- Long-term survival in patients presenting with type B acute aortic dissection: insights from the International Registry of Acute Aortic DissectionThomas T Tsai
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Cardiology, University of Michigan Medical Center, Ann Arbor, MI 48106 0384, USA
Circulation 114:2226-31. 2006..We used data from a contemporary registry of acute type B aortic dissection to better understand factors associated with adverse long-term survival...
- Effect of statin use in patients with acute coronary syndromes and a serum low-density lipoprotein<or=80 mg/dlThomas T Tsai
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Cardiology, University of Michigan Medical Center, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
Am J Cardiol 96:1491-3. 2005..0% vs 9.5%, p=0.005). These results suggest that patients who have an acute coronary syndrome and a low-density lipoprotein cholesterol level<or=80 mg/dl in the absence of statin therapy may benefit from such therapy at discharge...
- Clinical characteristics of hypotension in patients with acute aortic dissectionThomas T Tsai
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, USA
Am J Cardiol 95:48-52. 2005..We concluded that hypotension that occurred in >25% of patients who had AAD was associated with a much higher rate of in-hospital adverse events. Our study also identified factors associated with hypotension in patients who had AAD...
- Chronobiological patterns of acute aortic dissectionRajendra H Mehta
Division of Cardiology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, USA
Circulation 106:1110-5. 2002..However, the effects of the time of the day, the day of the week, or monthly/seasonal changes on acute aortic dissection (AAD) have not been well studied...
- Sensitivity of the aortic dissection detection risk score, a novel guideline-based tool for identification of acute aortic dissection at initial presentation: results from the international registry of acute aortic dissectionAdam M Rogers
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 5852, USA
Circulation 123:2213-8. 2011..The sensitivity of these risk markers has not been validated...
- Geographic differences in clinical presentation, treatment, and outcomes in type A acute aortic dissection (from the International Registry of Acute Aortic Dissection)Arun Raghupathy
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Am J Cardiol 102:1562-6. 2008..In conclusion, geographic differences in presentation and initial management were highlighted, but this did not translate into a difference in early mortality...
- Acute type B aortic dissection in elderly patients: clinical features, outcomes, and simple risk stratification ruleRajendra H Mehta
Department of Cardiology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48105, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 77:1622-8; discussion 1629. 2004..Accordingly, we sought to evaluate the clinical features and outcomes and derive a simple risk stratification rule for elderly with ABAD...
- Pulse pressure and type A acute aortic dissection in-hospital outcomes (from the International Registry of Acute Aortic Dissection)Emily Hoff
Cardiovascular Center, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan
Am J Cardiol 113:1255-9. 2014..Presenting PP offers a clue to different manifestations of acute aortic dissection that may facilitate initial triage and care...
- Ascending thoracic aorta dimension and outcomes in acute type B dissection (from the International Registry of Acute Aortic Dissection [IRAD])Anna M Booher
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, USA
Am J Cardiol 107:315-20. 2011..Those with smaller proximal aortas are more likely to receive endovascular therapy...
- Does circadian and seasonal variation in occurrence of acute aortic dissection influence in-hospital outcomes?Rajendra H Mehta
Duke Clinical Research Institute, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina, USA
Chronobiol Int 22:343-51. 2005..While highest incidence of AAD occurred in the morning and winter, clinical events (including mortality) were similar during the four different periods of the 24 h (chi2 = 1.9, p = 0.60) and seasonal (chi2 = 1.2, p = 0.75) periods...
- Association of painless acute aortic dissection with increased mortalitySeung Woo Park
Division of Cardiovascular Diseases and Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, Minn 55905, USA
Mayo Clin Proc 79:1252-7. 2004..To evaluate the clinical characteristics and outcomes of patients with painless acute aortic dissection (AAD)...
- Prognostic role of transesophageal echocardiography in acute type A aortic dissectionEduardo Bossone
National Research Council, Lecce, Italy
Am Heart J 153:1013-20. 2007..The prognostic significance of specific findings on imaging studies is less well described. We sought to identify the prognostic value of transesophageal echocardiography (TEE) in medically and surgically treated patients with AAD...
- Acute intramural hematoma of the aorta: a mystery in evolutionArturo Evangelista
Hospital General Universitari Vall d Hebron, Barcelona, Spain
Circulation 111:1063-70. 2005..The definition, prevalence, outcomes, and appropriate treatment strategies for acute intramural hematoma (IMH) continue to be debated...
- Implications of periaortic hematoma in patients with acute aortic dissection (from the International Registry of Acute Aortic Dissection)Debabrata Mukherjee
Gill Heart Institute, University of Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky, USA
Am J Cardiol 96:1734-8. 2005..The early identification and aggressive management of patients with periaortic hematomas may potentially improve clinical outcomes...
- Chlamydia pneumoniae and atherosclerosis following carotid endarterectomyBabak S Jahromi
Department of Neurosurgery, St Michael s Hospital, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada
Can J Neurol Sci 30:333-9. 2003..We hypothesized that long-term follow-up of patients with pathologically-proven arterial C. pneumoniae infection might provide further insight into the role of C. pneumoniae in carotid atherosclerosis...
- Reaching recommended lipid and blood pressure targets with amlodipine/atorvastatin combination in patients with coronary heart diseaseJean Francois Dorval
Division of Cardiology, McGill University Health Center, 687 Pine Avenue, Montreal, Quebec H3A 1A1, Canada
Am J Cardiol 95:249-53. 2005....
- Modulation of arterial reactivity using amlodipine and atorvastatin measured by ultrasound examination (MARGAUX)Francois Charbonneau
Department of Cardiovascular Sciences and the Libin Cardiovascular Institute, University of Calgary, Calgary, AB, Canada
Atherosclerosis 197:420-7. 2008..To evaluate the effect of the calcium channel blocker amlodipine on endothelial function in normotensive patients with coronary disease taking concomitant atorvastatin therapy...