Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: University of Virginia
- Phorbol 12-myristate 13-acetate induces protein kinase ceta-specific proliferative response in astrocytic tumor cellsI M Hussaini
Departments of Pathology Neuropathology, Biomedical Engineering, and Pharmacology, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia 22908, USA
J Biol Chem 275:22348-54. 2000....
- Dithiolane analogs of lignans inhibit interferon-gamma and lipopolysaccharide-induced nitric oxide production in macrophagesI M Hussaini
Department of Pathology, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
Acta Pharmacol Sin 21:897-904. 2000....
- Matrix metalloproteinase-9 is differentially expressed in nonfunctioning invasive and noninvasive pituitary adenomas and increases invasion in human pituitary adenoma cell lineIsa M Hussaini
Department of Pathology, 415 Lane Rd, Box 800904, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
Am J Pathol 170:356-65. 2007..These results demonstrate that MMP-9 and PKC-alpha or PKC-delta may provide putative therapeutic targets for the control of PA dural invasion...
- Urokinase directly activates matrix metalloproteinases-9: a potential role in glioblastoma invasionYunge Zhao
Department of Pathology, University of Virginia, 415 Lane Road, MR5 Rm3332, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 369:1215-20. 2008..These results suggest that uPA-mediated direct activation of MMP-9 may promote GBM cell invasion...
- An extensive invasive intracranial human glioblastoma xenograft model: role of high level matrix metalloproteinase 9Yunge Zhao
Department of Pathology, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
Am J Pathol 176:3032-49. 2010..Our data indicate that the U1242 MG xenograft model is valuable for studying GBM extensive invasion and angiogenesis as well as testing anti-invasive and anti-angiogenic therapeutic approaches...
- Immunohistochemistry of COUP-TFI: an adjuvant diagnostic tool for the identification of corticotroph microadenomasZachary M Bush
Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, University of Virginia Health System, P O Box 801408, Charlottesville, VA, 22908 1408, USA
Pituitary 13:1-7. 2010..Furthermore, this study identifies two unique corticotroph tumor populations which differ in their expression of COUP-TFI, the presence of which occurs more frequently in macroadenomas...
- ADAM-10-mediated N-cadherin cleavage is protein kinase C-alpha dependent and promotes glioblastoma cell migrationZachary A Kohutek
Departments of Pathology and Molecular Physiology and Biological Physics, University of Virginia Health System, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
J Neurosci 29:4605-15. 2009..Together, these results suggest that N-cadherin cleavage is regulated by a PKC-alpha-ADAM-10 cascade in GBM cells and may be involved in mediating GBM cell migration...
- H-Ras increases urokinase expression and cell invasion in genetically modified human astrocytes through Ras/Raf/MEK signaling pathwayYunge Zhao
Department of Pathology, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia 22908, USA
Glia 56:917-24. 2008..Our results suggest that H-Ras increased uPA expression and activity via the Ras/Raf/MEK signaling pathway leading to enhanced cell invasion and this may contribute to increased invasive growth properties of astrocytomas...
- Protein kinase C-alpha-mediated regulation of low-density lipoprotein receptor related protein and urokinase increases astrocytoma invasionSamson Amos
Department of Pathology, University of Virginia Health System, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
Cancer Res 67:10241-51. 2007..Thus, a strategy of combining small molecule inhibitors of PKC-alpha and PI3K could provide a new treatment paradigm for glioblastomas...
- Epidermal growth factor receptor-mediated regulation of urokinase plasminogen activator expression and glioblastoma invasion via C-SRC/MAPK/AP-1 signaling pathwaysSamson Amos
Department of Pathology, University of Virginia School of Medicine, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
J Neuropathol Exp Neurol 69:582-92. 2010..In summary, these results suggest that c-Src, mitogen-activated protein kinase, and a composite activator protein 1 on the uPA promoter are responsible for EGF-induced uPA expression and GBM invasion...
- PKC eta as a therapeutic target in glioblastoma multiformePatrick M Martin
Department of Pathology, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA, USA
Expert Opin Ther Targets 9:299-313. 2005..The PKC isozyme, PKCeta (PKC-eta) increases cell proliferation and resistance to radiation of GBM cell lines. These properties make PKCeta an attractive target for chemotherapeutic intervention in the management of GBMs...
- Phorbol 12-myristate 13-acetate induces epidermal growth factor receptor transactivation via protein kinase Cdelta/c-Src pathways in glioblastoma cellsSamson Amos
Department of Pathology, University of Virginia Health System, Charlottesville 22908, USA
J Biol Chem 280:7729-38. 2005..Taken together, our data demonstrate that PMA transactivates the EGFR and increases cell proliferation by activating the PKCdelta/c-Src pathway in glioblastomas...
- PKC-eta mediates glioblastoma cell proliferation through the Akt and mTOR signaling pathwaysSean E Aeder
Department of Pathology and Neurology, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
Oncogene 23:9062-9. 2004..However, activation of Akt, but not mTOR was inhibited by the PI-3 kinase inhibitor LY294002. This study identifies Akt and mTOR as downstream targets of PKC-eta that are involved in GBM cell proliferation...
- Behavioural effect of Pavetta crassipes extract on rodentsSamson Amos
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, University of Nigeria, Nsukka, Nigeria
Pharmacol Biochem Behav 77:751-9. 2004..crassipes contains biologically active substance(s) that might be acting centrally through the inhibition of dopaminergic pathway or a system linked to this pathway to mediate the observed pharmacological effects...
- Protein kinase C-eta regulates resistance to UV- and gamma-irradiation-induced apoptosis in glioblastoma cells by preventing caspase-9 activationIsa M Hussaini
Department of Pathology, University of Virginia, Charlottesville 22908, USA
Neuro Oncol 4:9-21. 2002..The data demonstrate that resistance to UV and gamma irradiation in glioblastoma cell lines is modified significantly by PKC-eta expression and that PKC-eta appears to block the apoptotic cascade at caspase-9 activation...
- Matrix metalloproteinase-9, a potential biological marker in invasive pituitary adenomasJian Gong
Department of Neurosurgery, University of Virginia Health System, Charlottesville, VA 22903, USA
Pituitary 11:37-48. 2008....
- Jun blockade of erythropoiesis: role for repression of GATA-1 by HERP2Kamaleldin E Elagib
University of Virginia School of Medicine, P O Box 800904, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
Mol Cell Biol 24:7779-94. 2004..Furthermore, these results establish a connection between the Notch signaling pathway, of which the HERP factors are a critical component, and the GATA family, which participates in programming of cellular differentiation...
- Restricted epithelial proliferation by lacritin via PKCalpha-dependent NFAT and mTOR pathwaysJiahu Wang
Department of Cell Biology, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA 22904, USA
J Cell Biol 174:689-700. 2006..Outward flow of lacritin from secretory cells through ducts may generate a proliferative/secretory field as a different unit of cellular renewal in nongermative epithelia where luminal structures predominate...
- Subcellular translocation of protein kinase CJulianne J Sando
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, USA
Methods Mol Biol 233:77-85. 2003
- REGULATION OF GBM INVASIVE GROWTH BY PROTEIN KINASE C-ETAIsa Hussaini; Fiscal Year: 2009..Understanding the functional roles of these genes in GBM invasion may provide a paradigm whereby this deadly tumor may be managed. ..
- Role of LRP in Astrocytoma MigrationIsa Hussaini; Fiscal Year: 2007..Understanding the role of LRP in the migration and invasion astrocytic tumors will provide information on possible specific targets for therapeutic intervention. ..
- Role of PKCeta in Regulating Astrocytoma Invasive GrowthIsa Hussaini; Fiscal Year: 2006..Understanding the roles of specific PKC isozymes in growth and apoptosis of astrocytic tumors will provide information on possible specific targets for therapeutic intervention. ..
- REGULATION OF GBM INVASIVE GROWTH BY PROTEIN KINASE C-ETAIsa M Hussaini; Fiscal Year: 2010..Understanding the functional roles of these genes in GBM invasion may provide a paradigm whereby this deadly tumor may be managed. ..