Carroll W Hughes
Affiliation: University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
- Effect of structured interviews on evaluation time in pediatric community mental health settingsCarroll W Hughes
Department of Psychiatry, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, 5232 Harry Hines Boulevard, Dallas, Texas 75390, USA
Psychiatr Serv 56:1098-103. 2005....
- Texas Children's Medication Algorithm Project: update from Texas Consensus Conference Panel on Medication Treatment of Childhood Major Depressive DisorderCarroll W Hughes
Department of Psychiatry, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390 8589, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 46:667-86. 2007..To revise and update consensus guidelines for medication treatment algorithms for childhood major depressive disorder based on new scientific evidence and expert clinical consensus when evidence is lacking...
- Fluoxetine versus placebo in preventing relapse of major depression in children and adolescentsGraham J Emslie
University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, Dallas, TX 75390 8589, USA
Am J Psychiatry 165:459-67. 2008..The authors compared fluoxetine and placebo in continuation treatment to prevent relapse of major depressive disorder in children and adolescents...
- Remission of maternal depression: relations to family functioning and youth internalizing and externalizing symptomsCynthia Ewell Foster
Department of Psychiatry, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48105, USA
J Clin Child Adolesc Psychol 37:714-24. 2008..9% of the variance...
- Psychometric properties of the Quick Inventory of Depressive Symptomatology in adolescentsIra H Bernstein
Department of Psychiatry, The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390 9066, USA
Int J Methods Psychiatr Res 19:185-94. 2010..This study evaluated both versions of the QIDS and the 17-item Children's Depressive Rating Scale - Revised (CDRS-R) in an adolescent outpatient sample...
- The Texas Children's Medication Algorithm Project: revision of the algorithm for pharmacotherapy of attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorderSteven R Pliszka
Department of Psychiatry, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, 78229 3900, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 45:642-57. 2006..Advances in the psychopharmacology of ADHD and results of a feasibility study of algorithm use in community mental health centers caused the algorithm to be modified and updated...
- A feasibility study of the childhood depression medication algorithm: the Texas Children's Medication Algorithm Project (CMAP)Graham J Emslie
University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center Dallas, TX 75390 8589, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 43:519-27. 2004....
- A comparison of various methods of measuring antidepressant medication adherence among children and adolescents with major depressive disorder in a 12-week open trial of fluoxetinePaul A Nakonezny
Division of Biostatistics, Department of Clinical Sciences, UT Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75390 8828, USA
J Child Adolesc Psychopharmacol 20:431-9. 2010..We then suggested recommendations for clinical researchers and practicing clinicians regarding medication adherence assessment...
- The Quick Inventory of Depressive Symptomatology-Self-report: a psychometric evaluation in patients with asthma and major depressive disorderE Sherwood Brown
Department of Psychiatry, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75390 8849, USA
Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 100:433-8. 2008..Despite the high co-occurrence between depression and asthma, few studies have addressed methods assessing the severity of depressive symptoms among patients with asthma...
- Remissions in maternal depression and child psychopathology: a STAR*D-child reportMyrna M Weissman
Department of Psychiatry, Columbia University and the New York State Psychiatric Institute, New York 10032, USA
JAMA 295:1389-98. 2006..Children of depressed parents have high rates of anxiety, disruptive, and depressive disorders that begin early, often continue into adulthood, and are impairing...
- A follow-up study of adherence and glycemic control among Hong Kong youths with diabetesSunita M Stewart
Psychiatry, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, 5323 Harry Hines Boulevard, Dallas, TX 75390 8589, USA
J Pediatr Psychol 28:67-79. 2003....
- Do children and adolescents have differential response rates in placebo-controlled trials of fluoxetine?Taryn L Mayes
Department of Psychiatry, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, Dallas, TX 75390 8589, USA
CNS Spectr 12:147-54. 2007....
- Separate and overlapping relationships of inattention and hyperactivity/impulsivity in children and adolescents with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorderLauren C Smith
Department of Psychiatry, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX, 75390 8589, USA
Atten Defic Hyperact Disord 5:9-20. 2013..The presence of a general underlying factor contraindicates separating the inattentive and combined subtypes of ADHD into distinct disorders...
- A cross-cultural investigation of cognitions and depressive symptoms in adolescentsSunita Mahtani Stewart
Department of Psychiatry, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, 75390 8589, USA
J Abnorm Psychol 113:248-57. 2004..There was some support for the hypothesis that self-efficacy is less salient in collective compared with individualistic cultures. These findings extend cognitive theories of depression to a non-Western culture...
- Research knowledge among the participants in the Treatment for Adolescents With Depression Study (TADS)Benedetto Vitiello
Division of Services and Intervention Research, National Institute of Mental Health, Bethesda, MD 20892 9633, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 46:1642-50. 2007..We examined the extent to which parents and adolescents participating in the Treatment for Adolescents With Depression Study (TADS) understood key aspects of the study...
- Children of depressed mothers 1 year after the initiation of maternal treatment: findings from the STAR*D-Child StudyDaniel J Pilowsky
New York State Psychiatric Institute, Columbia University, Unit 24, 1051 Riverside Dr, New York, NY 10032, USA
Am J Psychiatry 165:1136-47. 2008..The authors examined the changes in psychiatric symptoms and global functioning in children of depressed women 1 year following the initiation of treatment for maternal major depressive disorder...
- Children of currently depressed mothers: a STAR*D ancillary studyDaniel J Pilowsky
Columbia University and the New York State Psychiatric Institute, 1051 Riverside Drive, New York, NY 10032, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 67:126-36. 2006....
- A feasibility study of the children's medication algorithm project (CMAP) algorithm for the treatment of ADHDSteven R Pliszka
University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, Texas 8229 3900, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 42:279-87. 2003..To determine whether an algorithm for the treatment of attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) can be implemented in a community mental health center...
- Remission of maternal depression and child symptoms among single mothers: a STAR*D-Child reportArdesheer Talati
Dept of Psychiatry, Columbia University, 1051 Riverside Drive, Unit 24, New York, NY 10032, USA
Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol 42:962-71. 2007..This report examined the relationship of the presence of a father in the household to maternal depression remission and child outcomes...
- A pilot study of an electronic, adolescent version of the quick inventory of depressive symptomatologyHeidi K Moore
Healthcare Technology Systems, Inc, Madison, WI 53717, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 68:1436-40. 2007..An adolescent version of the QIDS (QIDS-A-IVR) was created using speaker-independent voice recognition technology. An informant version, QIDS-P-IVR, collects ratings from parents or other knowledgeable adults...