J L Huff
Affiliation: University of California
- Differential detection of B virus and rhesus cytomegalovirus in rhesus macaquesJ L Huff
Department of Medical Microbiology and Immunology, University of California Davis, Davis, CA 95616, USA
J Gen Virol 84:83-92. 2003..Detection of B virus DNA shedding is a relatively rare event associated with the breeding season, while RhCMV DNA is persistently detected in mucosal fluids of most monkeys...
- B-virus (Cercopithecine herpesvirus 1) infection in humans and macaques: potential for zoonotic diseaseJennifer L Huff
Department of Medical Microbiology and Immunology, University of California, Davis, California 95616, USA
Emerg Infect Dis 9:246-50. 2003..Knowledge of the clinical signs and risk factors for human B-virus disease allows early initiation of antiviral therapy and prevents severe disease or death...
- Gastric transcription profile of Helicobacter pylori infection in the rhesus macaqueJennifer L Huff
Department of Medical Microbiology and Immunology, Center for Comparative Medicine, University of California, Davis, Davis, CA 95616, USA
Infect Immun 72:5216-26. 2004..These results provide a unique view of acute H. pylori infection in a relevant animal model system and will direct future studies regarding the host response to H. pylori infection...
- The role of genome diversity and immune evasion in persistent infection with Helicobacter pyloriCara L Cooke
Departments of Internal Medicine and Medical Microbiology and Immunology, Center for Comparative Medicine, University of California, Davis, CA 95616, USA
FEMS Immunol Med Microbiol 45:11-23. 2005..We suggest that H. pylori finely modulates the extent to which it interacts with the host in order to promote chronic infection, and that it uses diverse mechanisms to do so...
- Helicobacter pylori induces an antimicrobial response in rhesus macaques in a cag pathogenicity island-dependent mannerMichael J Hornsby
Department of Medical Microbiology and Immunology, University of California, Davis, Davis, California, USA
Gastroenterology 134:1049-57. 2008..We used the rhesus macaque model to study the effects of the cag pathogenicity island (cag PAI) on the H pylori host-pathogen interaction...
- Helicobacter pylori lipopolysaccharide promotes a Th1 type immune response in immunized miceJennifer M Taylor
Department of Internal Medicine, Center for Comparative Medicine, University of California, Davis, USA
Vaccine 24:4987-94. 2006..Together these studies suggest that H. pylori LPS in a whole cell sonicate vaccine promotes a Th1 immune response that may aid in protection or clearance of H. pylori infection...