Stanley J Huey
Affiliation: University of Southern California
- The contribution of cultural competence to evidence-based care for ethnically diverse populationsStanley J Huey
Department of Psychology, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California 90089 email
Annu Rev Clin Psychol 10:305-38. 2014..We also discuss research limitations, areas for future research, and clinical implications. ..
- Predictors of treatment response for suicidal youth referred for emergency psychiatric hospitalizationStanley J Huey
Department of Psychology and Program in American Studies and Ethnicity, University of Southern California, Los Angeles 90089 1061, USA
J Clin Child Adolesc Psychol 34:582-9. 2005..These results suggest the need to adapt existing treatments for suicidal youth to better address problems relating to youth depression...
- Evidence-based psychosocial treatments for ethnic minority youthStanley J Huey
University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA 90089 1061, USA
J Clin Child Adolesc Psychol 37:262-301. 2008..Few tests of cultural adaptation effects have been conducted in the literature and culturally validated outcome measures are mostly lacking. Recommendations for clinical practice and future research directions are provided...
- Multisystemic therapy effects on attempted suicide by youths presenting psychiatric emergenciesStanley J Huey
Department of Psychology and Program in American Studies and Ethnicity, University of Sothern California, Los Angeles, CA 90089 1061, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 43:183-90. 2004..To evaluate the efficacy of multisystemic therapy (MST) in reducing attempted suicide among predominantly African American youths referred for emergency psychiatric hospitalization...
- Predicting problem behaviors with multiple expectancies: expanding expectancy-value theoryAshley Borders
Adolescence 39:539-50. 2004..We discuss implications for interventions and suggest that future research continue to investigate the contribution of alternative expectancies to behavioral decisions...
- Depression in Latino adolescents: a cultural discrepancy perspectiveYolanda M Céspedes
Department of Psychology, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA 90089 1061, USA
Cultur Divers Ethnic Minor Psychol 14:168-72. 2008..These preliminary results point to the importance of considering cultural discrepancy as a contributing factor to youth depression...
- Culturally adapted versus standard exposure treatment for phobic Asian Americans: Treatment efficacy, moderators, and predictorsDavid Pan
Department of Psychology, University of Southern California, SGM 501, 3620 S McClintock Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90089 1061, USA or
Cultur Divers Ethnic Minor Psychol 17:11-22. 2011..This study offers a potential model for evaluating cultural adaptation effects, as well as the mechanisms that account for such effects...
- Black/white differences in perceived weight and attractiveness among overweight womenTaona P Chithambo
Deptartment of Psychology, University of Southern California, 3620 S McClintock Avenue, SGM 501, Los Angeles, CA 90089, USA
J Obes 2013:320326. 2013..The study findings provide further support for the buffering hypothesis, indicating that despite higher body mass, overweight Black women are less susceptible to thin body ideals than White women...
- An Intervention for Antisocial Gang-Affiliated YouthSTANLEY HUEY; Fiscal Year: 2007..The data collected from this research plan will form the basis for a future R01 grant submission to conduct a larger scale clinical trial that tests the effectiveness of the Modified BElT intervention. ..