David M Huebner
Affiliation: University of California
- Experiences of harassment, discrimination, and physical violence among young gay and bisexual menDavid M Huebner
Center for AIDS Prevention Studies, AIDS Research Institute, Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, 94105, USA
Am J Public Health 94:1200-3. 2004..We examined the 6-month cumulative incidence of anti-gay harassment, discrimination, and violence among young gay/bisexual men and documented their associations with mental health...
- A longitudinal study of the association between treatment optimism and sexual risk behavior in young adult gay and bisexual menDavid M Huebner
Center for AIDS Prevention Studies, AIDS Research Institute, Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94105, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 37:1514-9. 2004..Treatment optimism is associated with sexual risk behavior among young adult gay and bisexual men. However, these data suggest that optimism may result from, rather than precede, sexual risk...
- HIV/AIDS-related institutional mistrust among multiethnic men who have sex with men: effects on HIV testing and risk behaviorsMichael A Hoyt
Psychological Sciences, University of California, Merced, CA, USA
Health Psychol 31:269-77. 2012....
- Gay and bisexual men who disclose their sexual orientations in the workplace have higher workday levels of salivary cortisol and negative affectDavid M Huebner
Arizona State University, USA
Ann Behav Med 30:260-7. 2005..quot; However, little is known about the physiological mechanisms underlying this association...
- Bathhouse-based voluntary counseling and testing is feasible and shows preliminary evidence of effectivenessDavid M Huebner
Center for AIDS Prevention Studies, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94105, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 43:239-46. 2006..Bathhouse-based VCT seems to be a feasible approach for reaching significant numbers of men at risk for HIV and shows preliminary evidence of effectiveness in changing some specific HIV-related risk and precautionary behaviors...
- The Cognitive Escape Scale: measuring HIV-related thought avoidanceCarol J Nemeroff
Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ, USA
AIDS Behav 12:305-20. 2008..These factors are differentially related to several variables of interest including risky sexual behaviors. Although the CES is designed for use with both HIV negative and positive men, correlates differed between groups...
- The effects of HIV-related thought suppression on risk behavior: cognitive escape in men who have sex with menMichael A Hoyt
Department of Psychology, Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ 85287 1104, USA
Health Psychol 25:455-61. 2006..Results from a sample of MSM (N = 709) indicated that thought suppression was positively related to concurrent sexual risk behavior and to future use of prevention services...
- The impact of internalized homophobia on HIV preventive interventionsDavid M Huebner
Department of Psychology, Arizona State University, Tempe 85287 1104, USA
Am J Community Psychol 30:327-48. 2002..Together, these findings suggest that internalized homophobia may pose multiple barriers to community-based HIV prevention efforts...
- Perceived antigay discrimination and physical health outcomesDavid M Huebner
Department of Psychology, Arizona State University, USA
Health Psychol 26:627-34. 2007..The authors of the present study sought to determine if this provocative pattern of findings could be replicated using a different population and different health outcomes...
- Is optimism really the enemy? New research on treatment optimismDavid M Huebner
Focus 20:5-6. 2005