Colleen E Huebner
Affiliation: University of Washington
- Evaluation of a clinic-based parent education program to reduce the risk of infant and toddler maltreatmentColleen E Huebner
Department of Health Services, School of Public Health and Community Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle 98195, USA
Public Health Nurs 19:377-89. 2002..Additional analyses illustrated a dose-response relationship between program attendance and magnitude of gain in observed parenting skills...
- Behavioral determinants of brushing young children's teeth: implications for anticipatory guidanceColleen E Huebner
University of Washington, Seattle, Wash, USA
Pediatr Dent 32:48-55. 2010..The purposes of this study were to identify parents' motivation, support, and barriers to twice daily tooth-brushing of infants and preschool-age children and to discover new approaches to encourage this important health behavior...
- Associations between residential segregation and smoking during pregnancy among urban African-American womenJanice F Bell
Child Health Institute, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
J Urban Health 84:372-88. 2007..A better understanding of both deleterious and protective contextual influences on smoking during pregnancy could help to inform interventions designed to meet Healthy People 2010 target goals...
- Oral health need and access to dental services: evidence from the National Survey of Children's Health, 2007Janice F Bell
Maternal and Child Health Leadership Training Program, Department of Health Services, School of Public Health, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
Matern Child Health J 16:S27-34. 2012..Public health efforts to educate parents to seek early and ongoing preventive oral health care, rather than services in response to problems, may yield oral health benefits later in childhood and over the life course...
- Dentists' perceptions of barriers to providing dental care to pregnant womenRosanna Shuk Yin Lee
Department of Dental Public Health Sciences, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195 7475, USA
Womens Health Issues 20:359-65. 2010....
- Medicaid reforms in Oregon and suboptimal utilization of dental care by women of childbearing agePeter Milgrom
Northwest Center to Reduce Oral Health Disparities, Department of Dental Public Health Sciences, University of Washington, Box 357475, 1959 Pacific St, Seattle, WA 98195 7475, USA
J Am Dent Assoc 141:688-95. 2010..They also compared differences in claims between those for women enrolled in managed care and those for women enrolled in fee-for-service plans...
- Beyond word recognition: understanding pediatric oral health literacyJulia Anne Richman
Department of Pediatric Dentistry, School of Dentistry, The University of Washington, Seattle, Wash, USA
Pediatr Dent 33:420-5. 2011..This study evaluated 3 aspects of oral health literacy and parent-reported child oral health...
- Academic and school health issues among children exposed to maternal intimate partner abuseMary A Kernic
Harborview Injury Prevention and Research Center and Department of Epidemiology, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98104 2499, USA
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 156:549-55. 2002..To determine the association between children's exposure to maternal intimate partner violence (IPV) and academic problems and school health concerns...
- Healthy steps in an integrated delivery system: child and parent outcomes at 30 monthsBrian D Johnston
Department of Pediatrics and Maternal and Child Health Program, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98104, USA
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 160:793-800. 2006....
- Jail incarceration and birth outcomesJanice F Bell
Department of Health Services, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
J Urban Health 81:630-44. 2004..Efforts to ensure that all pregnant women released from jail have access to enhanced prenatal health services may improve perinatal outcomes for this group of particularly vulnerable women and infants...
- Adolescent quality of life, part I: conceptual and measurement modelTodd C Edwards
Department of Health Service, University of Washington, Seatle, WA 98195 7660, USA
J Adolesc 25:275-86. 2002..A conceptual model with four domains-Sense of Self, Social Relationships, Environment, and General Quality of Life-is reported...
- Behavioral problems among children whose mothers are abused by an intimate partnerMary A Kernic
Department of Epidemiology, School of Public Health and Community Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
Child Abuse Negl 27:1231-46. 2003..Appropriate attention to the mental health of children living in households with IPV is needed...
- Estimating determinants of dentist productivity: new evidenceDouglas A Conrad
Center for Health Management Research, University of Washington, Box 357660, Room H660C, 1959 NE Pacific Street, Health Sciences Center, Seattle, WA 98195 7660, USA
J Public Health Dent 70:262-8. 2010..Productivity (output per unit of input) is a major driver of dental service capacity. This study uses 2006-2007 data to update available knowledge on dentist productivity...
- Expanding developmental and behavioral services for newborns in primary care: program design, delivery, and evaluation frameworkColleen E Huebner
Maternal and Child Health Program, Department of Health Services, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, USA
Am J Prev Med 26:344-55. 2004..Participating families received more services and a greater variety of services than families in usual care. Whether these differences result in beneficial outcomes for families or the health plan are topics of the subsequent papers...
- Expanding developmental and behavioral services for newborns in primary care; Effects on parental well-being, practice, and satisfactionBrian D Johnston
Department of Pediatrics, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
Am J Prev Med 26:356-66. 2004..No additional benefit could be ascribed to prenatal institution of services. A combination of universal and risk-based support for new parents is recommended, rather than the provision of risk-based services alone...
- Expanding developmental and behavioral services for newborns in primary care: implications of the findingsRobert S Thompson
Center for Health Studies and Department of Preventive Care, Group Health Cooperative, Seattle, WA 98101, USA
Am J Prev Med 26:367-71. 2004..Positive effects were seen for parental satisfaction, including decreased disenrollment, provider satisfaction, parenting practices, and health outcomes...
- Oral health in pregnancy: educational needs of dental professionals and office staffMegan K Kloetzel
Department of Preventive Medicine, Madigan Healthcare System, Tacoma, WA 98195, USA
J Public Health Dent 72:279-86. 2012..A secondary aim was to identify sources of influence on attitudes and knowledge regarding the guidelines...
- Pediatric vaccination and vaccine-preventable disease acquisition: associations with care by complementary and alternative medicine providersLois Downey
Harborview Medical Center, Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care, Department of Medicine, School of Medicine, University of Washington, Box 359765, 325 Ninth Avenue, Seattle, WA 98104, USA
Matern Child Health J 14:922-30. 2010..Interventions enlisting the participation of complementary/alternative medicine providers in immunization awareness and promotional activities could improve adherence rates and assist in efforts to improve public health...
- Providing dental care to pregnant patients: a survey of Oregon general dentistsColleen E Huebner
Department of Health Services, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195 7230, USA
J Am Dent Assoc 140:211-22. 2009..A growing number of studies and reports indicate preventive, routine and emergency dental procedures can be provided safely to pregnant patients to alleviate dental problems and promote oral health of mothers and children...
- Beyond access: the role of family and community in children's oral healthWendy E Mouradian
University of Washington School of Dentistry, Seattle, WA 98195 7136, USA
J Dent Educ 71:619-31. 2007..Dental schools have a leadership role to play in expanding community partnerships and providing education in health determinants. Participants recommended replicating this experiential conference in other venues...
- Birth outcomes among urban African-American women: a multilevel analysis of the role of racial residential segregationJanice F Bell
University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
Soc Sci Med 63:3030-45. 2006..Further research to understand racial/ethnic and economic health disparities could benefit from a focus on the contributory role of neighborhood attributes associated with the dimensions segregation and other social geographies...
- Perinatal health service use by women released from jailJanice F Bell
Health Services at the University of Washington, USA
J Health Care Poor Underserved 15:426-42. 2004..Service coordination may increase women's engagement in health services during future pregnancies, with or without subsequent incarceration...