Marlyn A Hudson
Affiliation: University of North Carolina
- African American women's perspectives on breast cancer: implications for communicating risk of basal-like breast cancerMarlyn Allicock
University of North Carolina, Department of Nutrition, Schools of Medicine and Public Health, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
J Health Care Poor Underserved 24:753-67. 2013..These findings will assist in developing health communication tools that encourage prevention...
- The use of motivational interviewing to promote peer-to-peer support for cancer survivorsMarlyn Allicock
Department of Nutrition, Gillings School of Global Public Health, Chapel Hill, NC, USA
Clin J Oncol Nurs 16:E156-63. 2012..The guides demonstrated MI proficiency as assessed by the MI Treatment Integrity scale and other process evaluation assessments. MI can be adapted to train laypeople to provide support for groups such as cancer survivors...
- Evaluating the dissemination of Body & Soul, an evidence-based fruit and vegetable intake intervention: challenges for dissemination and implementation researchMarlyn Allicock
Gillings School of Global Public Health, Department of Nutrition, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
J Nutr Educ Behav 44:530-8. 2012..To evaluate whether the evidence-based Body & Soul program, when disseminated and implemented without researcher or agency involvement and support, would achieve results similar to those of earlier efficacy and effectiveness trials...
- Variations in meanings of the personal core value "health"Marlyn Allicock
University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
Patient Educ Couns 73:347-53. 2008..Preventive health behavior patterns and practices are influenced by many factors. Knowledge about a person's core values may improve the ability to predict decisions related to behaviors such as healthy eating...
- Evaluating the implementation of peer counseling in a church-based dietary intervention for African AmericansMarlyn Allicock
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Department of Nutrition, Gillings School of Global Public Health and School of Medicine, 2004 Hooker, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
Patient Educ Couns 81:37-42. 2010..For dissemination feasibility, the peer counseling training is done via DVD rather than by live trainers. We describe implementation and process evaluation of the peer counseling component under real world conditions...
- Pilot weight control intervention among US veterans to promote diets high in fruits and vegetablesMarlyn Allicock
Department of Nutrition, Gillings School of Global Public Health, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Campus Box 7461, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
Prev Med 51:279-81. 2010....
- Obesity predicts differential response to cancer prevention interventions among African AmericansLucia A Leone
Gillings School of Global Public Health, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, USA
Health Educ Behav 37:913-25. 2010..049), with obese individuals reporting less screening. These results suggest that weight tailoring may improve the effectiveness of behavior change interventions...
- Colorectal cancer screening among African American church members: a qualitative and quantitative study of patient-provider communicationMira L Katz
Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA
BMC Public Health 4:62. 2004..We sought to determine the relationship between the general quality of self-rated patient-provider communication and the completion of CRC screening...
- Improving multiple behaviors for colorectal cancer prevention among african american church membersMarci Kramish Campbell
Department of Nutrition, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
Health Psychol 23:492-502. 2004..08). The LHA intervention did not prove effective, possibly because of suboptimal reach and diffusion...
- MINORITY PRE-DOCTORAL FELLOWSHIP PROGRAMMARLYN HUDSON; Fiscal Year: 2006..Ms. Hudson plans to select a specific dissertation topic and develop her research proposal during the second year in the doctoral program. ..