A E Hubbard
Affiliation: University of California
- To GEE or not to GEE: comparing population average and mixed models for estimating the associations between neighborhood risk factors and healthAlan E Hubbard
Division of Biostatistics, Berkeley School of Public Health, University of California, Berkeley, CA 94720, USA
Epidemiology 21:467-74. 2010..We conclude that the estimation-equation approach of population average models provides a more useful approximation of the truth...
- Using variable importance measures from causal inference to rank risk factors of schistosomiasis infection in a rural setting in ChinaSylvia Ek Sudat
Division of Biostatistics, University of California, Berkeley, USA
Epidemiol Perspect Innov 7:3. 2010....
- Pesticides in house dust from urban and farmworker households in California: an observational measurement studyLesliam Quirós-Alcalá
Center for Environmental Research and Children s Health, School of Public Health, University of California, 1995 University Avenue Suite 265, Berkeley, CA 94704, USA
Environ Health 10:19. 2011..e., chlorpyrifos and diazinon) have declined in homes in the agricultural community; and estimate resident children's pesticide exposures via inadvertent dust ingestion...
- Aging impacts transcriptomes but not genomes of hormone-dependent breast cancersChristina Yau
Buck Institute for Age Research, 8001 Redwood Boulevard, Novato, CA 94945, USA
Breast Cancer Res 9:R59. 2007..Except for inherited forms of breast cancer, however, there is little genetic or epigenetic understanding of the biological basis linking aging with sporadic breast cancer incidence and its clinical behavior...
- Early prediction of median survival among a large AIDS surveillance cohortWayne T A Enanoria
Division of Epidemiology, School of Public Health, University of California at Berkeley, Berkeley, California, USA
BMC Public Health 7:127. 2007..In this study, a new approach to predict AIDS median survival is presented and its accuracy tested using AIDS surveillance data...
- Nucleic acid amplification tests in the diagnosis of tuberculous pleuritis: a systematic review and meta-analysisMadhukar Pai
Division of Epidemiology, School of Public Health University of California, Berkeley 140, Warren Hall, Berkeley, CA 94720, USA
BMC Infect Dis 4:6. 2004..We conducted a systematic review to determine the accuracy of nucleic acid amplification (NAA) tests in the diagnosis of tuberculous pleuritis...
- Nonparametric survival estimation when death is reported with delayA E Hubbard
University of California, School of Public Health, Division of Biostatistics, Berkeley, USA
Lifetime Data Anal 6:237-50. 2000..This analysis underscores the pitfalls of not accounting for delay when estimating the survival distribution and suggests a significant reduction in bias by using our estimator...
- Hydroquinone, a benzene metabolite, increases the level of aneusomy of chromosomes 7 and 8 in human CD34-positive blood progenitor cellsM T Smith
Division of Environmental Health Sciences, School of Public Health, University of California, 140 Warren Hall, Berkeley, CA 94720 7360, USA
Carcinogenesis 21:1485-90. 2000....