- Changes in pulmonary function response to a 10-week controlled exercise program in sedentary elderly adultsGuoyuan Huang
University of Southern Indiana, Evansville 47712, USA
Percept Mot Skills 100:394-402. 2005..0, but no change was noted for the Control group. The 10-wk. aerobic training of moderate or high intensity showed positive effects on pulmonary function in these elderly individuals. These exercise-induced changes may be dose-related...
- Reporting quality of randomized trials in the diet and exercise literature for weight lossCheryl A Gibson
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Kansas School of Medicine, Kansas City 66160, USA
BMC Med Res Methodol 5:9. 2005..The authors examined the reporting quality of randomized trials in the weight loss literature, focusing exclusively on subject characteristics as they relate to enrollment, allocation, and follow-up...
- Resting heart rate changes after endurance training in older adults: a meta-analysisGuoyuan Huang
Department of Physical Education, University of Southern Indiana, Evansville, IN 47712, USA
Med Sci Sports Exerc 37:1381-6. 2005..The objective of this meta-analysis was to determine the effects of controlled aerobic training on resting HR among sedentary older adults...
- Controlled endurance exercise training and VO2max changes in older adults: a meta-analysisGuoyuan Huang
University of Southern Indiana, 8600 University Boulevard, Evansville, IN 47712, USA
Prev Cardiol 8:217-25. 2005..Endurance training improves aerobic fitness in older adults, thus providing protective benefits for cardiovascular aging and quality of later life...
- Author contacts for retrieval of data for a meta-analysis on exercise and diet restrictionCheryl A Gibson
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Kansas School of Medicine, Kansas City, Missouri 66160, USA
Int J Technol Assess Health Care 22:267-70. 2006..The mode of contact and response levels of authors who had been asked to provide missing or incomplete data for a systematic review on diet and exercise interventions for weight loss was examined...