Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: University of California
- Extensive FUS-immunoreactive pathology in juvenile amyotrophic lateral sclerosis with basophilic inclusionsEric J Huang
Department of Pathology, University of California, San Francisco, CA, USA
Brain Pathol 20:1069-76. 2010..Furthermore, our study represents the first detailed characterizations of neuropathological findings in rapidly progressive juvenile ALS patients with a mutation in the FUS/TLS gene...
- Craniofacial defects of blastogenesis: duplication of pituitary with cleft palate and orophgaryngeal tumorsAnne Slavotinek
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Genetics, University of California San Francisco, 553 Parnassus Street, Rm U 585P, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Am J Med Genet A 135:13-20. 2005..However, the precise inductive mechanism resulting in DPG remains unknown...
- Trk receptors: roles in neuronal signal transductionEric J Huang
Department of Pathology, University of California Veterans Administration Medical Center, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
Annu Rev Biochem 72:609-42. 2003..p75NTR also influences the conformations of Trk receptors; this modifies ligand-binding specificity and affinity with important developmental consequences...
- Targeted deletion of numb and numblike in sensory neurons reveals their essential functions in axon arborizationEric J Huang
Department of Pathology, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
Genes Dev 19:138-51. 2005..Taken together, our data provide evidence for previously unidentified functions of Numb and Numblike in sensory axon arborization by regulating Notch1 via the endocytic-lysosomal pathways...
- Notch-1 activation and dendritic atrophy in prion diseaseNako Ishikura
Department of Pathology Neuropathology, Institute for Neurodegenerative Diseases, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:886-91. 2005..Whether diminishing Notch-1 activation in vivo can prevent or even reverse neurodegeneration in prion disease remains to be established...
- Interaction of Brn3a and HIPK2 mediates transcriptional repression of sensory neuron survivalAmanda K Wiggins
Department of Pathology, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
J Cell Biol 167:257-67. 2004..Together, these data indicate that HIPK2, through regulation of Brn3a-dependent gene expression, is a critical component in the transcriptional machinery that controls sensory neuron survival...
- Interactions of Wnt/beta-catenin signaling and sonic hedgehog regulate the neurogenesis of ventral midbrain dopamine neuronsMianzhi Tang
Department of Pathology, University of California, San Francisco and Pathology Service, Veterans Affairs Medical Center, San Francisco, California 94121, USA
J Neurosci 30:9280-91. 2010..Persistent activation of beta-catenin in early progenitors perturbs their cell cycle progression and antagonizes Shh expression, whereas activation of beta-catenin in midline progenitors promotes the generation of dopamine neurons...
- Dynamic expression of neurotrophic factor receptors in postnatal spinal motoneurons and in mouse model of ALSJiasheng Zhang
Department of Pathology, University of California San Francisco and Pathology, Service 113B, VA Medical Center, 94121, USA
J Neurobiol 66:882-95. 2006..These results provide insights into the use of neurotrophic factors as therapeutic agents for ALS...
- Essential function of HIPK2 in TGFbeta-dependent survival of midbrain dopamine neuronsJiasheng Zhang
Department of Pathology, University of California San Francisco, 505 Parnassus Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Nat Neurosci 10:77-86. 2007..These data underscore the importance of the TGFbeta-Smad-HIPK2 pathway in the survival of DA neurons and its potential as a therapeutic target for promoting DA neuron survival during neurodegeneration...
- Acetylation of tau inhibits its degradation and contributes to tauopathySang Won Min
Gladstone Institute of Neurological Disease, San Francisco, CA 94158, USA
Neuron 67:953-66. 2010..Inhibiting p300 with a small molecule promoted tau deacetylation and eliminated p-tau associated with tauopathy. Modulating tau acetylation could be a new therapeutic strategy to reduce tau-mediated neurodegeneration...
- Direct phosphorylation and regulation of poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase-1 by extracellular signal-regulated kinases 1/2Tiina M Kauppinen
Department of Neurology, University of California, San Francisco, and Veterans Affairs Medical Center, 4150 Clement Street, San Francisco, CA 94121, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:7136-41. 2006..These results suggest that PARP1 phosphorylation by ERK1/2 is required for maximal PARP-1 activation after DNA damage...
- Multiple roles of beta-catenin in controlling the neurogenic niche for midbrain dopamine neuronsMianzhi Tang
VA Medical Center and Department of Pathology, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94121, USA
Development 136:2027-38. 2009..They also suggest that beta-catenin-mediated signaling pathways can be targeted to promote and expand DA neurons in cell-based therapeutic strategies...
- Selective neuronal vulnerability and inadequate stress response in superoxide dismutase mutant miceStephen Lynn
Department of Neurology and Neurological Sciences, Stanford University, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Free Radic Biol Med 38:817-28. 2005..Other major classes of differentially expressed genes include lipid biosynthesis and ROS metabolism...
- Homeodomain-interacting protein kinase-2 regulates apoptosis in developing sensory and sympathetic neuronsEpaminondas Doxakis
School of Biosciences, Biomedical Building 3, Museum Avenue, P O Box 911, Cardiff CF10 3US, Wales, UK
Curr Biol 14:1761-5. 2004..These findings identify HIPK2 as a novel participant in programmed cell death in the developing peripheral nervous system...
- Morphological correlates of intrinsic electrical excitability in neurons of the deep cerebellar nucleiCarlos D Aizenman
Department of Neuroscience, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
J Neurophysiol 89:1738-47. 2003....
- Signaling pathways of HIPK2 in neuronal apoptosisEric Huang; Fiscal Year: 2005..Discoveries from this project will contribute to future design of HIPK2 inhibitors that can promote neuronal survival in neurodegenerative diseases ..
- Molecular Mechanisms of Sensory NeurogenesisEric Huang; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Signaling pathways of HIPK2 in neuronal apoptosisEric Huang; Fiscal Year: 2007..Discoveries from this project will contribute to future design of HIPK2 inhibitors that can promote neuronal survival in injury and degenerative conditions. ..
- Signaling pathways of HIPK2 in neuronal apoptosisEric Huang; Fiscal Year: 2009..Discoveries from this project will contribute to future design of HIPK2 inhibitors that can promote neuronal survival in injury and degenerative conditions. ..