C L Huang
Affiliation: University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
- Binding of the G protein betagamma subunit to multiple regions of G protein-gated inward-rectifying K+ channelsC L Huang
Department of Physiology, The University of California at San Francisco, 94143 0724, USA
FEBS Lett 405:291-8. 1997..These results are consistent with the idea that the N- and C-terminal domains of the cardiac G protein-gated K+ channel subunits may interact with each other to form higher affinity binding site(s) for G betagamma...
- Recent advances on renal inward rectifier K+ channelsC L Huang
Department of Medicine, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas 75235 8856, USA
Curr Opin Nephrol Hypertens 7:503-8. 1998..This review discusses recent advances in inward rectifier K+ channels with a special emphasis on the renal channels...
- Direct activation of inward rectifier potassium channels by PIP2 and its stabilization by GbetagammaC L Huang
Department of Medicine, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, 75235, USA
Nature 391:803-6. 1998..Finally, coexpression of Gbetagamma with GIRK channels slows the inhibition of K+ currents by PIP2 antibodies by more than 10-fold. Thus Gbetagamma activates GIRK channels by stabilizing interactions between PIP2 and the K+ channel...
- Regulation of ROMK trafficking and channel activityC L Huang
Division of Nephrology, Department of Medicine, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75390 8856, USA
Curr Opin Nephrol Hypertens 10:693-8. 2001..Relevant publications on the related inward rectifier potassium channels will also be discussed...
- A new function for CD38/ADP-ribosyl cyclase in nuclear Ca2+ homeostasisO A Adebanjo
Department of Medicine, Medical College of Pennsylvania School of Medicine and Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Nat Cell Biol 1:409-14. 1999..The latter activates ryanodine receptors of the inner nuclear membrane to trigger nucleoplasmic Ca2+ release...
- tie-1 protein tyrosine kinase: a novel independent prognostic marker for gastric cancerW C Lin
Institute of Biomedical Sciences, Academia Sinica, Taipei, Taiwan, Republic of China
Clin Cancer Res 5:1745-51. 1999..Our results illustrate the utility of tyrosine kinase gene family profiling in human gastric cancers and show that tie-1 tyrosine kinase may serve as a novel independent prognostic marker for gastric adenocarcinoma patients...
- Calcium waves induced by hypertonic solutions in intact frog skeletal muscle fibresS Chawla
Physiological Laboratory, Department of Anatomy, University of Cambridge, Cambridge CB2 3EG, UK
J Physiol 536:351-9. 2001....
- Effects of premature stimulation on HERG K(+) channelsY Lu
Section of Cardiovascular Biology, Department of Biochemistry, University of Cambridge, Cambridge CB2 1QW, UK
J Physiol 537:843-51. 2001..6. These properties of HERG K(+) channels may help to suppress arrhythmias initiated by early afterdepolarizations and premature beats in the ventricles, Purkinje fibres or atria...