Michelle S Hsiang
Affiliation: University of California
- Rationale for short course primaquine in Africa to interrupt malaria transmissionAlice C Eziefula
Malaria Centre, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, London, UK
Malar J 11:360. 2012..In parallel, efforts need to be made to address issues in drug supply and regulation, to map G6PD deficiency and to support the evaluation of alternative gametocytocidal compounds...
- Surveillance for malaria elimination in Swaziland: a national cross-sectional study using pooled PCR and serologyMichelle S Hsiang
Global Health Group, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e29550. 2012..Pooled-PCR has potential to efficiently improve sensitivity to detect infections; serology may clarify temporal and spatial trends in exposure...
- Trends in malaria research in 11 Asian Pacific countries: an analysis of peer-reviewed publications over two decadesFinn Andersen
Global Health Division, Menzies School of Health Research, Casuarina, NT 0811, Australia
Malar J 10:131. 2011..The purpose of the study is to characterize trends in malaria-related literature from 1990 to 2009 in 11 Asian-Pacific countries that are committed to malaria elimination as a national goal...
- PCR-based pooling of dried blood spots for detection of malaria parasites: optimization and application to a cohort of Ugandan childrenMichelle S Hsiang
Department of Global Health Sciences, Division of Pediatric Infectious Diseases, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94105, USA
J Clin Microbiol 48:3539-43. 2010....
- Targeting asymptomatic malaria infections: active surveillance in control and eliminationHugh J W Sturrock
Malaria Elimination Initiative, Global Health Group, University of California, San Francisco, United States of America
PLoS Med 10:e1001467. 2013..Please see later in the article for the Editors' Summary. ..
- Use of ultrasonography to evaluate Schistosoma japonicum-related morbidity in children, Sichuan Province, China, 2000-2007Michelle S Hsiang
Global Health Sciences, University of California, San Francisco, California 94105, USA
Am J Trop Med Hyg 82:103-11. 2010..We also suggest methodological refinements to improve reliability of ultrasonography for large-scale assessment of S. japonicum-related subclinical morbidity in children...
- The changing epidemiology of malaria elimination: new strategies for new challengesChris Cotter
The Global Health Group, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94105, USA
Lancet 382:900-11. 2013..Knowledge of the changing epidemiological trends of malaria in the eliminating countries will ensure improved targeting of interventions to continue to shrink the malaria map. ..
- Reactive case detection for malaria elimination: real-life experience from an ongoing program in SwazilandHugh J W Sturrock
Global Health Group, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California, USA
PLoS ONE 8:e63830. 2013..As well as allowing the programme to implement RACD more rapidly, this would help to more precisely define the optimal screening radius...