Christopher K Hsee
Affiliation: University of Chicago
- Decision and experience: why don't we choose what makes us happy?Christopher K Hsee
Center for Decision Research, Graduate School of Business, University of Chicago, 5807 S Woodlawn Avenue, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Trends Cogn Sci 10:31-7. 2006..g. marriage choice), namely, the assumption that people are able to make choices in their own best interests...
- Sun and water: on a modulus-based measurement of happinessChristopher K Hsee
Graduate School of Business, The University of Chicago, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Emotion 7:213-8. 2007..g., rating a low-income person to be happier than a high-income person in situations where the low-income person is indeed happier)...
- The art and science of guessingLuxi Shen
Booth School of Business, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Emotion 11:1462-8. 2011..This research enriches existing literature on self-enhancement and yields practical implications for how to approach guessing in interpersonal communications...
- OverearningChristopher K Hsee
Booth School of Business, University of Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Psychol Sci 24:852-9. 2013....
- Idleness aversion and the need for justifiable busynessChristopher K Hsee
University of Chicago, Booth School of Business, 5807 S Woodlawn Ave, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Psychol Sci 21:926-30. 2010..Curiously, this last effect is true even if people are forced to be busy. Our research suggests that many purported goals that people pursue may be merely justifications to keep themselves busy...
- Music, pandas, and muggers: on the affective psychology of valueChristopher K Hsee
Center for Decision Research, Graduate School of Business, University of Chicago, 1101 East 58th Street, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
J Exp Psychol Gen 133:23-30. 2004..These findings may allow for a novel interpretation of why most real-world value functions are concave and how the processes responsible for nonlinearity of value may also contribute to nonlinear probability weighting...
- Distinction bias: misprediction and mischoice due to joint evaluationChristopher K Hsee
Graduate School of Business, University of Chicago, IL 60637, USA
J Pers Soc Psychol 86:680-95. 2004..The present research also specifies when the distinction bias occurs and when it does not. This research contributes to literatures on experienced utility, affective forecasting, and happiness...