Affiliation: University of Cincinnati
- Sexually segregated housing results in improved early larval survival in zebrafishMark S Kurtzman
Laboratory Animal Medical Services, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH, USA
Lab Anim (NY) 39:183-9. 2010..The authors also found that zebrafish had higher fecundity, egg viability and seemed to have a higher breeding success rate when males and females were housed separately than when they were housed together...
- In vivo biofluid dynamic imaging in the developing zebrafishJay R Hove
Department of Genome Science, Genome Research Institute, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio 45237, USA
Birth Defects Res C Embryo Today 72:277-89. 2004..This article reviews the current state of research in imaging biofluid flow within and around developing zebrafish embryos, with an emphasis on dynamic imaging modalities...
- High-speed confocal imaging of zebrafish heart developmentJay R Hove
Department of Molecular and Cellular Physiology, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, OH, USA
Methods Mol Biol 843:309-28. 2012....
- Quantifying cardiovascular flow dynamics during early developmentJay R Hove
Department of Genome Science, Genome Research Institute, University of Cincinnati, OH 45237, USA
Pediatr Res 60:6-13. 2006..This review summarizes the major methodological advances that have evolved for the quantitative characterization of intra-vital fluid dynamics with an emphasis on assessing cardiovascular flows in vertebrate model organisms...
- Dose-dependent effects of chemical immobilization on the heart rate of embryonic zebrafishMichael P Craig
Department of Genome Science, Genome Research Institute, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH 45237, USA
Lab Anim (NY) 35:41-7. 2006..The results of this study empirically define, for the first time, effective, minimally stressful treatments for immobilization and in vivo visualization during early zebrafish development...
- Intracardiac fluid forces are an essential epigenetic factor for embryonic cardiogenesisJay R Hove
Options of Bioengineering and Aeronautics, Division of Engineering and Applied Science, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, California 91125, USA
Nature 421:172-7. 2003..The similarity of these defects to those observed in some congenital heart diseases argues for the importance of intracardiac haemodynamics as a key epigenetic factor in embryonic cardiogenesis...
- The embryonic vertebrate heart tube is a dynamic suction pumpArian S Forouhar
Option in Bioengineering, Beckman Institute, Pasadena, CA 91125, USA
Science 312:751-3. 2006..We propose a more likely explanation of early cardiac dynamics in which the pumping action results from suction due to elastic wave propagation in the heart tube...