Affiliation: University of Massachusetts Medical School
- Quitters referring smokers: a quitline chain-referral pilot studyKathryn L Delaughter
eHealth Quality Enhancement Research Initiative, Bedford, VA, USA
BMC Res Notes 7:282. 2014..Telephone counseling Quitlines can support smoking cessation, but are under-utilized. We explored the use of smoker peer-referrals to increase use of a Quitline in Mississippi and Alabama...
- Web-based smoking cessation intervention that transitions from inpatient to outpatient: study protocol for a randomized controlled trialKathleen F Harrington
Department of Medicine, Division of Pulmonary, Allergy and Critical Care Medicine, The University of Alabama at Birmingham UAB, Birmingham, Alabama 35249 7337, USA
Trials 13:123. 2012....
- Cluster-randomized trial of a web-assisted tobacco quality improvement intervention of subsequent patient tobacco product use: a National Dental PBRN studyThomas K Houston
VA Bedford Medical Center, Bedford, MA, USA
BMC Oral Health 13:13. 2013..Brief clinician delivered advice helps in tobacco cessation efforts. This study assessed the impact of our intervention on instances of advice given to dental patients during visits on tobacco use quit rates 6 months after the intervention...
- Recruitment activities for a nationwide, population-based, group-randomized trial: the VA MI-Plus studyEllen Funkhouser
VA Research Enhancement Award Program REAP, Birmingham VA Medical Center, Birmingham, AL, USA
Implement Sci 6:105. 2011..We describe the recruitment and enrollment of such a trial testing a clinician-directed, Internet-delivered intervention for improving the care of postmyocardial infarction patients with multiple comorbidities...
- Multiple uncontrolled conditions and blood pressure medication intensification: an observational studyAmanda H Salanitro
VA National Quality Scholars Program, Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Birmingham, AL, USA
Implement Sci 5:55. 2010..We hypothesized that multiple uncontrolled cardiovascular risk factors would decrease blood pressure (BP) medication intensification among uncontrolled hypertensive patients...
- The QUIT-PRIMO provider-patient Internet-delivered smoking cessation referral intervention: a cluster-randomized comparative effectiveness trial: study protocolThomas K Houston
Division of Health Informatics and Implementation Science, Quantitative Health Sciences and Medicine, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, MA, USA
Implement Sci 5:87. 2010....
- Culturally appropriate storytelling to improve blood pressure: a randomized trialThomas K Houston
Bedford Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Massachusetts, USA
Ann Intern Med 154:77-84. 2011..Storytelling is emerging as a powerful tool for health promotion in vulnerable populations. However, these interventions remain largely untested in rigorous studies...
- The art and science of patient storytelling-harnessing narrative communication for behavioral interventions: the ACCE projectThomas K Houston
The Center for Health Quality, Outcomes and Economic Research CHQOER, Bedford Veterans Administration Medical Center, Bedford, Massachusetts, USA
J Health Commun 16:686-97. 2011..Lessons learned may be useful for other video-based behavioral interventions that incorporate personal narratives...
- Dental Tobacco Control Net Improving PracticeThomas Houston; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..