Christy R Houle
Affiliation: University of Michigan
- Blowing the whistle: what do African American adolescents with asthma and their caregivers understand by "wheeze?"Christy R Houle
Center for Managing Chronic Disease, The University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
J Asthma 47:26-32. 2010..To investigate what African American adolescents with asthma and their caregivers understand by "wheeze"...
- A developmental, community, and psychosocial approach to food allergies in childrenChristy R Houle
Center for Managing Chronic Disease, University of Michigan, 1415 Washington Heights, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Curr Allergy Asthma Rep 10:381-6. 2010..It also presents an overview of policy developments at the state and national level that have implications for children with food allergies...
- Congruence between urban adolescent and caregiver responses to questions about the adolescent's asthmaChristy R Houle
Center for Managing Chronic Disease, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
J Urban Health 88:30-40. 2011..Clinicians and researchers may obtain more accurate information if questions about symptoms and functional status are directed toward adolescents...
- Collaborative design and implementation of a multisite community coalition evaluationLaurie L Lachance
Allies Against Asthma, Center for Managing Chronic Disease, University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
Health Promot Pract 7:44S-55S. 2006..Evaluation has been an integral part of the planning and implementation phases of the Allies coalition work, with a priority of involving all of the partners in conceiving of and deciding upon the elements of assessment...
- Working with a Head Start population with asthma: lessons learnedBelinda W Nelson
University of Michigan School of Public Health, 1420 Washington Heights, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 2029, USA
J Sch Health 76:273-5. 2006..Obstacles to effective implementation included the sample's low participation and high attrition, limited involvement of Head Start personnel, factors related to the program approach, and the target population's beliefs about asthma...
- Community coalitions to control chronic disease: Allies against asthma as a model and case studyNoreen M Clark
Center for Managing Chronic Disease, University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
Health Promot Pract 7:14S-22S. 2006....