- Ultracompact and fabrication-tolerant integrated polarization splitter
Microelectronic Research Center, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Texas at Austin, Austin, TX 78758, USA
Opt Lett 36:4047-9. 2011
..Fabrication tolerance analysis shows that the device is tolerant to fabrication errors as large as 60 nm...
- Large optical spectral range dispersion engineered silicon-based photonic crystal waveguide modulator
Omega Optics, Inc, 10306 Sausalito Dr, Austin, TX 78759, USA
Opt Express 20:12318-25. 2012
..A large signal operation with a record low maximum V(π )× L of 0.0464 V · mm over the low-dispersion optical spectral range is demonstrated. We also report the device operation at 2 GHz...
- Transfer of micro and nano-photonic silicon nanomembrane waveguide devices on flexible substrates
Microelectronics Research Center, The University of Texas at Austin, Austin, TX 78758, USA
Opt Express 18:20086-95. 2010
..This technique is promising to realize high density integration of multilayer hybrid structures on flexible substrates...
- Stamp printing of silicon-nanomembrane-based photonic devices onto flexible substrates with a suspended configuration
Opt Lett 37:1020-2. 2012
..1 dB/cm. Scalability of this approach to transfer intricate structures, such as photonic crystal waveguides and multimode interference couplers with a minimum feature size of 200 nm and 2 μm, respectively, is also demonstrated...
- Ultralow-loss polycrystalline silicon waveguides and high uniformity 1x12 MMI fanout for 3D photonic integration
Microelectronics Research Center, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Texas at Austin, 10100 Burnet Rd Austin, TX 78758, USA
Opt Express 20:21722-8. 2012
..29dB and a high uniformity of 1.07 dB. These results vindicate the use of polysilicon waveguides of varying widths in photonic integrated circuits...
- Optimum access waveguide width for 1 x N multimode interference couplers on silicon nanomembrane
Microelectronic Research Center, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Texas, 10100 Burnet Road, Austin, Texas 78758, USA
Opt Lett 35:2864-6. 2010
..The experimental investigations demonstrate that the analytical results can be reliably used as a design rule for MMI couplers with large number of outputs...
- Modeling and experimental observation of an on-chip two-dimensional far-field interference pattern
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Texas at Austin, 1 University Street, Austin, Texas 78712, USA
Appl Opt 50:1822-6. 2011
..The MMI outputs are connected to a slab silicon waveguide, and the far field is observed at the edge of the silicon slab. This represents the observation of 2D far-field pattern produced by an array of on-chip radiators...
- Group-index independent coupling to band engineered SOI photonic crystal waveguide with large slow-down factor
Microelectronic Research Center, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Texas, 10100 Burnet Rd, Austin, TX 78758, USA
Opt Express 19:21832-41. 2011
..5 is demonstrated, that corresponds to the largest slow-down factor of 0.31 ever demonstrated for a PCW with oxide bottom cladding...
- Low-cost board-to-board optical interconnects using molded polymer waveguide with 45 degree mirrors and inkjet-printed micro-lenses as proximity vertical coupler
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, The University of Texas at Austin, Austin, TX 78758, USA
Opt Express 21:60-9. 2013
..Data transmission at 10 Gbps reveals that inter-board interconnects has a bit error rate (BER) of 1.1 × 10(-10) and 6.2 × 10(-13) without and with the micro-lenses, respectively...