Affiliation: University of Pittsburgh
- Improving traditional intention-to-treat analyses: a new approachMarcela Horvitz-Lennon
Department of Psychiatry, University of Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Psychol Med 35:961-70. 2005..We set out to describe and assess methods for estimation of a treatment effect when the trial is 'broken'...
- Improving quality and diffusing best practices: the case of schizophreniaMarcela Horvitz-Lennon
Western Psychiatric Institute and Clinic, University of Pittsburgh Pennsylvania Medical School, USA
Health Aff (Millwood) 28:701-12. 2009..Using the case of schizophrenia, we review the context in which these paradoxical patterns of diffusion have occurred, and we propose policy solutions...
- Investigation of racial and ethnic disparities in service utilization among homeless adults with severe mental illnessesMarcela Horvitz-Lennon
Department of Psychiatry, University of Pittsburgh, 201 North Craig St, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Psychiatr Serv 60:1032-8. 2009..This study examined whether there are service disparities among homeless adults with severe mental illnesses, a vulnerable population with a high level of unmet need...
- Racial and ethnic service use disparities among homeless adults with severe mental illnesses receiving ACTMarcela Horvitz-Lennon
RAND Corporation, 4570 Fifth Avenue, Suite 600, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Psychiatr Serv 62:598-604. 2011..The aim of this study was to assess the equity effects of assertive community treatment (ACT), an evidence-based case management intervention, among homeless adults with severe mental illness...
- Racial and ethnic disparities in the treatment of a Medicaid population with schizophreniaMarcela Horvitz-Lennon
University of Pittsburgh Medical School, 201 North Craig St 250, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Health Serv Res 44:2106-22. 2009..To assess health care disparities among black and Latino adults with schizophrenia receiving services during the period July 1994-June 2006, and to evaluate trends in observed disparities...
- "Usual care" for major depression in the 1990s: characteristics and expert-estimated outcomesMarcela Horvitz-Lennon
Department of Psychiatry, The Cambridge Hospital, Mass, USA
Am J Psychiatry 160:720-6. 2003....
- Significance of endorsement of psychotic symptoms by US LatinosRoberto Lewis-Fernandez
Department of Psychiatry, Columbia University and New York State Psychiatric Institute, New York, New York, USA
J Nerv Ment Dis 197:337-47. 2009..Endorsed psychotic symptoms in Latinos may constitute a clinically significant marker of general psychiatric vulnerability rather than a sign of psychotic disorder...
- From silos to bridges: meeting the general health care needs of adults with severe mental illnessesMarcela Horvitz-Lennon
University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Western Psychiatric Institute and Clinic, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
Health Aff (Millwood) 25:659-69. 2006..We discuss obstacles to clinical integration and propose strategies to address them...
- On the use of discrete choice models for causal inferenceRusty Tchernis
Department of Economics, Indiana University, Bloomington, IN, USA
Stat Med 24:2197-2212. 2005..We also illustrate the use of discrete choice models to estimate the effect of antipsychotic drug use on the risk of diabetes in a cohort of adults with schizophrenia...