Biljana N Horn
Affiliation: University of California
- Chimerism-based pre-emptive immunotherapy with fast withdrawal of immunosuppression and donor lymphocyte infusions after allogeneic stem cell transplantation for pediatric hematologic malignanciesBiljana Horn
Allergy Immunology and Blood and Marrow Transplant Division at Benioff Children s Hospital at University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California Electronic address
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 21:729-37. 2015..Evidence of disease before transplantation remained a significant predictor of relapse, whereas development of chronic GVHD was protective against relapse. ..
- Unresolved issues in hematopoietic stem cell transplantation for severe combined immunodeficiency: need for safer conditioning and reduced late effectsBiljana Horn
Division of Allergy, Immunology, and Blood and Marrow Transplantation, Benioff Children s Hospital, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA, USA
J Allergy Clin Immunol 131:1306-11. 2013..Finally, development of new nontoxic conditioning regimens for HCT that can be safely used in very young children is required...
- Allogeneic hematopoietic cell transplantation for refractory myasthenia gravisJonathan Strober
UCSF Children s Hospital, 505 Parnassus Ave, M 659, San Francisco, CA 94143 1278, USA
Arch Neurol 66:659-61. 2009..To describe a patient with intractable myasthenia gravis (MG) who was treated with a matched sibling peripheral blood stem cell transplantation...
- Feasibility study of preemptive withdrawal of immunosuppression based on chimerism testing in children undergoing myeloablative allogeneic transplantation for hematologic malignanciesB Horn
Department of Pediatrics, UCSF Medical Center, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143 1278, USA
Bone Marrow Transplant 43:469-76. 2009..Further studies correlating lineage-specific chimerism and minimal residual disease are required. The goal of preemptive immunotherapy should be to achieve full donor chimerism in WB in CD3+ and leukemia-specific lineages...
- Reduced intensity conditioning using intravenous busulfan, fludarabine and rabbit ATG for children with nonmalignant disorders and CMLB Horn
Department of Pediatrics, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143 1278, USA
Bone Marrow Transplant 37:263-9. 2006..However, it did not provide sustained engraftment in the majority of children with nonmalignancies undergoing mismatched unrelated donor transplants...
- Massage for children undergoing hematopoietic cell transplantation: a qualitative reportSara L Ackerman
Department of General Internal Medicine, The University of Califorina, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Evid Based Complement Alternat Med 2012:792042. 2012....
- A trial of alemtuzumab adjunctive therapy in allogeneic hematopoietic cell transplantation with minimal conditioning for severe combined immunodeficiencyChristopher C Dvorak
Division of Pediatric Allergy, Immunology, and Blood and Marrow Transplant, University of California San Francisco, Benioff Children s Hospital, San Francisco, CA, USA
Pediatr Transplant 18:609-16. 2014..Although well-tolerated, alemtuzumab failed to overcome immunologic barriers to donor engraftment. Furthermore, alemtuzumab may slow T-cell development in patients with SCID in the setting of a T-cell depleted graft. ..
- Clinical and immunologic outcomes following haplocompatible donor lymphocyte infusionsC C Dvorak
UCSF Children s Hospital, University of California, San Francisco, USA
Bone Marrow Transplant 44:805-12. 2009..The 1-year overall survival following haplocompatible DLI was 71% (95% CI, 59-83%), with a median follow-up of 16 months from the first DLI...
- Hematopoietic cell transplant and use of massage for improved symptom management: results from a pilot randomized control trialWolf E Mehling
Osher Center for Integrative Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94115, USA
Evid Based Complement Alternat Med 2012:450150. 2012..Discussion. Feasibility of studying massage-acupressure was established in children undergoing HCT. Larger studies are needed to test the efficacy of such interventions in reducing HCT-associated symptoms in children...
- A trial of plerixafor adjunctive therapy in allogeneic hematopoietic cell transplantation with minimal conditioning for severe combined immunodeficiencyChristopher C Dvorak
Division of Pediatric Allergy, Immunology and Blood and Marrow Transplant, University of California San Francisco Benioff Children s Hospital, San Francisco, CA, USA
Pediatr Transplant 18:602-8. 2014..Although well tolerated, G-CSF plus plerixafor alone failed to overcome physical barriers to donor engraftment. ..
- Clinical update on graft-versus-host disease in childrenDeborah S Goddard
Department of Dermatology, Division of Pediatric Dermatology, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94115, USA
Semin Cutan Med Surg 29:92-105. 2010..We discuss 5 cases with clinico-pathologic correlation to illustrate the key concepts and principles underlying the diagnosis and management of both acute and chronic GVHD...
- Bone marrow transplantation for T-B- severe combined immunodeficiency disease in Athabascan-speaking native AmericansK DeSantes
Department of Pediatrics Bone Marrow Transplant Division, University of California San Francisco, 505 Parnassus Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94143-1278, USA
Bone Marrow Transplant 27:703-9. 2001..With T cell depletion of haplocompatible marrow, conditioning with immunosuppressive therapy may be necessary; however, children with SCIDA who were treated with intensive immunosuppressive and myeloablative therapy had a poor outcome...
- Veno-occlusive disease of the liver in children with solid tumors undergoing autologous hematopoietic progenitor cell transplantation: a high incidence in patients with neuroblastomaB Horn
Department of Pediatrics, University of California, San Francisco, CA, USA
Bone Marrow Transplant 29:409-15. 2002..8, P = 0.03). Larger studies of patients with neuroblastoma are necessary in order to confirm our findings and better define the risk factors for VOD development in neuroblastoma patients...
- Immune reconstitution, infectious complications and post transplant supportive care measures after autologous blood and marrow transplantation in childrenJ Machatschek
University of Kiel Medical Center, Germany
Bone Marrow Transplant 32:687-93. 2003..Post-transplant supportive care measures may be discontinued at 6 months post ABMT in most children, as the risk of infection decreases after that time...
- Safety and efficacy of allogeneic PBSC collection in normal pediatric donors: the pediatric blood and marrow transplant consortium experience (PBMTC) 1996-2003M A Pulsipher
Primary Children s Medical Center, Salt Lake City, UT, USA
Bone Marrow Transplant 35:361-7. 2005..Younger children utilize more medical resources and children <20 kg usually require a single blood product exposure...