Affiliation: University of Florida
- Measuring behavioral and mood disruptions in nursing home residents using the Minimum Data SetA L Horgas
College of Nursing, Institute on Aging, University of Florida, USA
Outcomes Manag Nurs Pract 5:28-35. 2001..Thus, caution should be employed in using the MDS as a sole outcome measure for these behaviors, and the use of multiple measures is suggested...
- Pain management in elderly adultsAnn L Horgas
College of Nursing, Institute of Aging, University of Florida, Gainesville 32610, USA
J Infus Nurs 26:161-5. 2003..Pain treatment strategies, including both pharmacological and non-pharmacological approaches will also be covered and special considerations for administering medications to elderly adults will be highlighted...
- Pain assessment and management in persons with dementiaAnn L Horgas
University of Florida, College of Nursing, Department of Adult and Elderly Nursing, 101 South Newell Avenue, HPNP Complex, Room 3201, Gainesville, FL 32611, USA
Nurs Clin North Am 39:593-606. 2004..In so doing, they may make significant contributions to managing pain in patients with dementia, and in improving the quality of life of this vulnerable population of elders...
- Assessing pain in persons with dementia: relationships among the non-communicative patient's pain assessment instrument, self-report, and behavioral observationsAnn L Horgas
University of Florida College of Nursing, Gainesville, FL 32610 0197, USA
Pain Manag Nurs 8:77-85. 2007..Findings support the reliability and validity of the NOPPAIN measurement tool and suggest this easy-to-use tool may be adequate for measuring pain indicators in older adults...
- Pain assessment in people with dementiaAnn Horgas
University of Florida College of Nursing in Gainesville, USA
Am J Nurs 108:62-70; quiz 71. 2008..A trained nurse or other health care worker can use the scale in less than five minutes of observation. For an online video showing nurses using the PAINAD scale and other pain-assessment tools, go to http://links.lww.com/A251...
- Clinical predictors of older driver performance on a standardized road testSherrilene Classen
Department of Occupational Therapy, College of Public Health and Health Professions, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida 32610, USA
Traffic Inj Prev 9:456-62. 2008..To determine the relationship between clinical variables (demographics, cognitive testing, comorbidities, and medications) and failing a standardized road test in older adults...
- Pain assessment in persons with dementia: relationship between self-report and behavioral observationAnn L Horgas
Department of Adult and Elderly Nursing, University of Florida, College of Nursing, Gainesville, 32610, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 57:126-32. 2009..To investigate the relationship between self-report and behavioral indicators of pain in cognitively impaired and intact older adults...
- The relationship between pain and functional disability in Black and White older adultsAnn L Horgas
Department of Adult and Elderly Nursing, College of Nursing, University of Florida, HPNP Complex, P O Box 100197, Gainesville, FL 32610 0197
Res Nurs Health 31:341-54. 2008..This study highlights the need for greater understanding of health disparities between Black and White older adults as they relate to pain and disability...
- Religious and nonreligious coping in older adults experiencing chronic painKaren S Dunn
School of Nursing, Oakland University, Rochester, Michigan 48309, USA
Pain Manag Nurs 5:19-28. 2004..Older women also reported using diversion and exercise significantly more often than did older men...
- Pain Assessment in Nursing Home ResidentsAnn Horgas; Fiscal Year: 2002....