Affiliation: University of Washington
- Parents-CARE: a suicide prevention program for parents of at-risk youthCAROLE HOOVEN
Reconnecting Youth Prevention Research Program, Psychosocial and Community Health Department, University of Washington School of Nursing, Seattle, WA, USA
J Child Adolesc Psychiatr Nurs 26:85-95. 2013..Families play an important role in youth suicide prevention, as both a source of protection and a source of risk, and thus are an important target for adolescent suicide prevention programs...
- Promoting CARE: including parents in youth suicide preventionCAROLE HOOVEN
Reconnecting Youth Prevention Research Program, Psychosocial and Community Health Department, University of Washington School of Nursing, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Fam Community Health 35:225-35. 2012..Results reveal that the youth intervention and combined youth and parent intervention produced significantly greater reductions in suicide risk factors and increases in protective factors than IAU comparison group...
- Long-term outcomes for the promoting CARE suicide prevention programCAROLE HOOVEN
Reconnecting Youth Prevention Research Programs, Department of Psychosocial and Community Health, University of Washington, Seattle WA 98195 4926, USA
Am J Health Behav 34:721-36. 2010..To provide a long-term look at suicide risk from adolescence to young adulthood for former participants in Promoting CARE, an indicated suicide prevention program...
- Increasing participation in prevention research: strategies for youths, parents, and schoolsCAROLE HOOVEN
Department of Psychosocial and Community Health, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, USA
J Child Adolesc Psychiatr Nurs 24:137-49. 2011..Subject participation is a critical concern for clinicians and researchers involved in prevention programs, especially for intensive interventions that require randomized assignment and lengthy youth and parent involvement...
- Understanding Parent Retention in Indicated PreventionCAROLE HOOVEN; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Youth Suicide Prevention: Maintaining Long Term ChangeCAROLE HOOVEN; Fiscal Year: 2007..This research should markedly increase our understanding of ways in which youth and family-focused preventive interventions for suicide-vulnerable youth work to curb depression, anger and suicide-risk behaviors. ..