Affiliation: University of California
- A controlled trial of protein enrichment of meal replacements for weight reduction with retention of lean body massLeo Treyzon
UCLA Center for Human Nutrition, Department of Medicine, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, USA
Nutr J 7:23. 2008....
- Analysis of weight loss outcomes using VLCD in black and white overweight and obese women with and without metabolic syndromeK Hong
Center for Human Nutrition, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1742, USA
Int J Obes (Lond) 29:436-42. 2005..To evaluate the efficacy of very low calorie diet (VLCD) in black and white obese women. Changes in weight, metabolic profile, and body composition are assessed...
- Long-term efficacy of soy-based meal replacements vs an individualized diet plan in obese type II DM patients: relative effects on weight loss, metabolic parameters, and C-reactive proteinZ Li
David Geffen School of Medicine, Center for Human Nutrition, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1742, USA
Eur J Clin Nutr 59:411-8. 2005..Achieving significant weight loss and glycemic control in diabetic patients remains a challenging task...
- Weight cycling in a very low-calorie diet programme has no effect on weight loss velocity, blood pressure and serum lipid profileZ Li
David Geffen School of Medicine at University of California, Los Angeles, UCLA Center for Human Nutrition, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Diabetes Obes Metab 9:379-85. 2007..Many dieters lose and regain weight many times. It is unclear whether weight cycling is associated with adverse metabolic alterations or becomes more difficult with each attempt...
- Feasibility of a low-fat/high-fiber diet intervention with soy supplementation in prostate cancer patients after prostatectomyZ Li
Center for Human Nutrition, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Eur J Clin Nutr 62:526-36. 2008..To evaluate the feasibility and long-term compliance with a low-fat diet supplemented with soy protein in men at increased risk for recurrence after radical prostatectomy...
- Stabilization of cationic liposome-plasmid DNA complexes by polyamines and poly(ethylene glycol)-phospholipid conjugates for efficient in vivo gene deliveryK Hong
Department of Cellular and Molecular Pharmacology, University of California, San Francisco 94143, USA
FEBS Lett 400:233-7. 1997..These new developments in formulation technology should enhance the potential for liposome-mediated gene therapy...
- Expression of DeltaF508 CFTR in normal mouse lung after site-specific modification of CFTR sequences by SFHRK K Goncz
Human Molecular Genetics, Department of Medicine, University of Vermont, Burlington, VT, USA
Gene Ther 8:961-5. 2001..The results of these studies showed that SFHR can be used as a gene therapy to introduce specific modifications into the cells of clinically affected organs and that the cells will express the new sequence...
- Quantitative analysis of synthetic gene delivery vector design propertiesC M Varga
Division of Bioengineering and Environmental Health, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
Mol Ther 4:438-46. 2001..Thus, we demonstrate the usefulness of a bioengineering, integrative-systems modeling approach to improved vector design and analysis...
- Assembly of nucleic acid-lipid nanoparticles from aqueous-organic monophasesM E Hayes
California Pacific Medical Center Research Institute, San Francisco, CA 94115, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1758:429-42. 2006..We conclude that the Genosphere assembly methodology offers advantages for the development of effective, scalable and targetable non-viral gene delivery vectors...