Affiliation: University of California
- Safety and tolerability of artemether-lumefantrine versus dihydroartemisinin-piperaquine for malaria in young HIV-infected and uninfected childrenShereen Katrak
Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, USA
Malar J 8:272. 2009..However, there is limited data on the safety and tolerability of these drugs, especially in young children and patients co-infected with HIV...
- Reproductive intentions and outcomes among women on antiretroviral therapy in rural Uganda: a prospective cohort studyJaco Homsy
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Global AIDS Program, National Center for HIV, Viral Hepatitis, STD, and TB Prevention, Entebbe, Uganda
PLoS ONE 4:e4149. 2009..71 per 10-year decrease, 95% CI: 2.95-3.78), having a BMI>18.5 (HR = 1.09, CI: 1.01-1.18) and not having used condoms consistently in the last 3 months (HR = 1.79, CI: 1.02-3.13) were independently associated with pregnancy...
- Breastfeeding, mother-to-child HIV transmission, and mortality among infants born to HIV-Infected women on highly active antiretroviral therapy in rural UgandaJaco Homsy
Institute for Global Health, Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94105, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 53:28-35. 2010....
- Breastfeeding and the risk of malaria in children born to HIV-infected and uninfected mothers in rural UgandaNeil Vora
Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, CA, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 55:253-61. 2010..However, data on whether breastfeeding reduces the risk of malaria in HIV-exposed and HIV-infected children is limited...
- Cost-effectiveness of routine rapid human immunodeficiency virus antibody testing before DNA-PCR testing for early diagnosis of infants in resource-limited settingsNicolas A Menzies
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention CDC, Global AIDS Program, National Center for HIV, Viral Hepatitis, STD, and TB Prevention, CDC, Atlanta, GA, USA
Pediatr Infect Dis J 28:819-25. 2009....
- Routine intrapartum HIV counseling and testing for prevention of mother-to-child transmission of HIV in a rural Ugandan hospitalJaco Homsy
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention CDC Uganda, Global AIDS Program, National Center for HIV, STD, and TB Prevention, CDC, and Uganda Virus Research Institute, Entebbe, Uganda
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 42:149-54. 2006..Routine HIV counseling and testing (HCT) during labor has been proposed as a way to increase PMTCT uptake, but little data exist on the impact of such intervention in a programmatic context in Africa...
- 'Pregnancy comes accidentally--like it did with me': reproductive decisions among women on ART and their partners in rural UgandaRachel King
Global Health Sciences, University of California, San Francisco, 50 Beale St, San Francisco, CA 94105, USA
BMC Public Health 11:530. 2011....
- Artemether-lumefantrine versus dihydroartemisinin-piperaquine for falciparum malaria: a longitudinal, randomized trial in young Ugandan childrenEmmanuel Arinaitwe
Makerere University University of California San Francisco Research Collaboration, University of California, San Francisco 94143, USA
Clin Infect Dis 49:1629-37. 2009..However, which therapies are optimal is a matter of debate. We aimed to compare the short- and longer-term efficacy of 2 leading therapies in a cohort of young Ugandan children...