Genomes and Genes
Jonathon W Homeister
Affiliation: University of Michigan
- Alpha(1,3)fucosyltransferases FucT-IV and FucT-VII control susceptibility to atherosclerosis in apolipoprotein E-/- miceJonathon W Homeister
Department of Pathology and The Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of Michigan, M5240 Medical Science I, 1301 Catherine Street, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0602, USA
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 24:1897-903. 2004..They also determine the functional contribution of FucT-IV and FucT-VII to shear-dependent tethering of monocytes to P-selectin, a process believed to be required for atherogenesis...
- Conditional control of selectin ligand expression and global fucosylation events in mice with a targeted mutation at the FX locusPeter L Smith
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, The University of Michigan Medical School, 1150 W Medical Center Drive, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
J Cell Biol 158:801-15. 2002..Conditional control of fucosylation in FX(-/-) mice identifies cellular fucosylation events as essential concomitants to fertility, early growth and development, and leukocyte adhesion...
- Alpha-galactosidase A deficiency leads to increased tissue fibrin deposition and thrombosis in mice homozygous for the factor V Leiden mutationYuechun Shen
Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan Medical Center, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Stroke 37:1106-8. 2006..Fabry disease, an X-linked lysosomal storage disorder attributable to alpha-galactosidase A (GLA) deficiency, is associated with premature vascular events that may be thrombotic in nature...
- Plasminogen is a critical host pathogenicity factor for group A streptococcal infectionHongmin Sun
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Science 305:1283-6. 2004..In addition, local fibrin clot formation may be implicated in host defense against microbial pathogens...
- Bradykinin B2 receptor knockout mice are protected from thrombosis by increased nitric oxide and prostacyclinZia Shariat-Madar
Hematology Oncology Division, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Blood 108:192-9. 2006..These investigations indicate a pathway for thrombosis risk reduction via the plasma kallikrein/kinin and renin angiotensin systems...
- Efficient recruitment of lymphocytes in inflamed brain venules requires expression of cutaneous lymphocyte antigen and fucosyltransferase-VIILaura Piccio
Department of Pathology, University of Verona, Verona, Italy
J Immunol 174:5805-13. 2005..These observations allow us to conclude that efficient recruitment of activated lymphocytes to the brain in the contexts mimicking EAE is controlled by FucT-VII and its cognate cell surface Ag CLA...
- Zinc fingers in the pizza pie aortaJonathon W Homeister
Circ Res 103:687-9. 2008