Jason M Holland
Affiliation: University of Nevada
- Bereavement-related regret trajectories among widowed older adultsJason M Holland
Correspondence should be addressed to Jason M Holland, Department of Psychology, University of Nevada, 4505 S Maryland Parkway, Box 455030, Las Vegas, NV 89154 5030 E mail
J Gerontol B Psychol Sci Soc Sci 69:40-7. 2014..This present study aimed to investigate the longitudinal course of these regrets and their correlates among widowed older adults...
- The unique impact of late-life bereavement and prolonged grief on diurnal cortisolJason M Holland
Correspondence should be addressed to Jason M Holland, Department of Psychology, University of Nevada, Las Vegas, 4505 South Maryland Parkway, Box 455030, Las Vegas, NV 89154 5030 E mail
J Gerontol B Psychol Sci Soc Sci 69:4-11. 2014..This study expands on previous research by examining the effects of prolonged grief disorder (PGD) symptoms and bereavement on diurnal cortisol patterns above and beyond depressive symptomatology...
- Mild traumatic brain injury, meaning made of trauma, and posttraumatic stress: a preliminary test of a novel hypothesisJason M Holland
Department of Psychology, University of Nevada Las Vegas, NV 89154 5030, USA
Rehabil Psychol 58:280-6. 2013..The goal of this study was to provide a preliminary examination of whether meaning made of trauma could account for the association between mTBI and PTSD (i.e., reexperiencing, avoidance, and hyperarousal symptoms)...
- Pretreatment cortisol levels predict posttreatment outcomes among older adults with depression in cognitive behavioral therapyJason M Holland
Department of Psychology, University of Nevada, Las Vegas, NV, USA Electronic address
Psychiatry Res 210:444-50. 2013....
- A psychometric evaluation of the core bereavement itemsJason M Holland
Department of Psychology, University of Nevada, Las Vegas, Las Vegas, NV 89154, USA
Assessment 20:119-22. 2013....
- Difficulties accepting the loss of a spouse: a precursor for intensified grieving among widowed older adultsJason M Holland
Department of Psychology, University of Nevada, Las Vegas, Nevada 89754 5030, USA
Death Stud 37:126-44. 2013..These findings suggest that practitioners working with bereaved clients should pay close attention to early expressions of nonacceptance...
- Factorial validity of the Texas Revised Inventory of Grief-Present scale among bereaved older adultsANDREW FUTTERMAN
Department of Psychology, College of the Holy Cross, Worcester, MA 01610, USA
Psychol Assess 22:675-87. 2010....
- The effectiveness of bereavement interventions with children: a meta-analytic review of controlled outcome researchJoseph M Currier
Department of Psychology, University of Memphis, Memphis, TN 38152 6400, USA
J Clin Child Adolesc Psychol 36:253-9. 2007..However, studies that intervened in a time-sensitive manner and those that implemented specific selection criteria produced better outcomes than investigations that did not attend to these factors...
- Sense-making, grief, and the experience of violent loss: toward a mediational modelJoseph M Currier
Department of Psychology, University of Memphis, Memphis, TN 38117, USA
Death Stud 30:403-28. 2006..Overall, this study provides initial support for a model of grief in which failure to find meaning in a loss is conceptualized as a crucial pathway to complicated grief symptomatology...
- Making sense of loss: a content analysis of end-of-life practitioners' therapeutic approachesJoseph M Currier
Department of Psychology, University of Memphis, Tennessee 38152 3230, USA
Omega (Westport) 57:121-41. 2008..Implications for future research on evaluating the effectiveness of meaning-making interventions are also discussed...
- Validation of the Integration of Stressful Life Experiences Scale-short form in a bereaved sampleJason M Holland
a Department of Psychology, University of Nevada, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
Death Stud 38:234-8. 2014..These findings add to a growing body of literature that supports theoretical models that view meaning-making as a crucial determinant of adjustment to loss among many grievers. ..
- Intraclass correlation associated with therapists: estimates and applications in planning psychotherapy researchScott A Baldwin
Department of Psychology, Brigham Young University, Provo, Utah, USA
Cogn Behav Ther 40:15-33. 2011..Attention to these recommendations will strengthen the validity of inferences drawn from psychotherapy studies that nest therapists within conditions...
- Reducing the risk of burnout in end-of-life care settings: the role of daily spiritual experiences and trainingJason M Holland
Department of Psychology, University of Memphis, Memphis, Tennessee 38152, USA
Palliat Support Care 3:173-81. 2005..This study explores how factors such as spirituality and level of training might buffer the stress of working with terminally ill clients and their families...