Mark T Holdsworth
Affiliation: University of New Mexico
- Impact of computerized prescriber order entry on the incidence of adverse drug events in pediatric inpatientsMark T Holdsworth
College of Pharmacy, MSC09 5360, 1 University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM 87131 0001, USA
Pediatrics 120:1058-66. 2007..This study was conducted to determine the impact of a computerized physician order entry system with substantial decision support on the incidence and types of adverse drug events in hospitalized children...
- State of oncology pharmacotherapyMark T Holdsworth
College of Pharmacy, MSC09 5360, 1 University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM 87131-0001, USA
Ann Pharmacother 40:2238-9. 2006
- Acute and delayed nausea and emesis control in pediatric oncology patientsMark T Holdsworth
Department of Pharmacy and Pediatrics, College of Pharmacy, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, 87131, USA
Cancer 106:931-40. 2006..The current study was undertaken to determine the effectiveness of standard antiemetic interventions among children receiving emetogenic chemotherapy...
- Incidence and impact of adverse drug events in pediatric inpatientsMark T Holdsworth
College of Pharmacy, University of New Mexico, 2502 Marble NE, Albuquerque, NM 87131 5691, USA
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 157:60-5. 2003..To determine the incidence and causes of adverse drug events (ADEs) and potential ADEs in hospitalized children, and to examine the consequences of these events...
- Risk determinants for catheter-associated blood stream infections in children and young adults with cancerRebekah C Allen
School of Medicine, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA
Pediatr Blood Cancer 51:53-8. 2008..In order to understand which factors might predispose to CABSIs in children and young adults, we evaluated risk for infection in association with tumor type, catheter type, and setting of occurrence...
- Pain and distress from bone marrow aspirations and lumbar puncturesMark T Holdsworth
Pharmacy and Pediatrics, College of Pharmacy, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM 87131 1066, USA
Ann Pharmacother 37:17-22. 2003..To compare the efficacy of 3 different pharmacologic regimens to relieve pain and distress in children with cancer undergoing bone marrow aspirations (BMAs) and lumbar punctures (LPs)...
- Role of i.v. allopurinol and rasburicase in tumor lysis syndromeMark T Holdsworth
College of Pharmacy, University of New Mexico, 2502 Marble, NE, Albuquerque, NM 87131 5691, USA
Am J Health Syst Pharm 60:2213-22; quiz 2223-4. 2003..Both i.v. allopurinol and rasburicase offer additional flexibility in the management of TLS and may allow for further avoidance of the consequences of inadequate management of this syndrome...
- Pediatric drug research--the road less traveledMark T Holdsworth
College of Pharmacy, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM 87131-5691, USA
Ann Pharmacother 37:586-91. 2003
- Antimetabolite-based therapy in childhood T-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia: a report of POG study 9296Stuart S Winter
Department of Pediatrics, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87131, USA
Pediatr Blood Cancer 46:179-86. 2006....
- Employment of substandard antiemetic prophylaxis in recent trials of chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomitingMark T Holdsworth
College of Pharmacy, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM 87131 0001, USA
Ann Pharmacother 39:1903-10. 2005..To determine the prevalence of substandard antiemetic therapy among recently published trials conducted in patients with cancer who received emetogenic chemotherapy...
- Economic comparison of home-care-based versus hospital-based treatment of chemotherapy-induced febrile neutropenia in childrenDennis W Raisch
Veterans Affairs Cooperative Studies Program, Clinical Research Pharmacy Coordinating Center, Albuquerque, NM, USA
Value Health 6:158-66. 2003..The purpose of this study was to compare health-care resource utilization and outcomes among children treated for low-risk febrile neutropenia (FN) in a hospital-based setting with those treated in a home-care-based setting...
- Rasburicase for the management of tumor lysis syndrome in neonatesDeborah M McNutt
University of Maryland, Baltimore, USA
Ann Pharmacother 40:1445-50. 2006..However, in instances of spontaneous TLS complicated by the normally low glomerular filtration rate in the newborn infant, the use of rasburicase and other supportive care measures may still be inadequate, warranting further study...