Katherine J Hoggatt
Affiliation: University of California
- Commentary: Vitamin supplement use and confounding by lifestyleKatherine J Hoggatt
Department of Epidemiology, UCLA School of Public Health, Box 951772, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1772, USA
Int J Epidemiol 32:553-5. 2003
- The "Latina epidemiologic paradox" revisited: the role of birthplace and acculturation in predicting infant low birth weight for Latinas in Los Angeles, CAKatherine J Hoggatt
VA Greater Los Angeles, HSR and D Center of Excellence for the Study of Healthcare Provider Behavior, Los Angeles, CA 91343, USA
J Immigr Minor Health 14:875-84. 2012..Finally, among Latinas, there was limited evidence that associations between known risk factors and LBW were modified by acculturation...
- Ambient air pollution and preterm birth in the environment and pregnancy outcomes study at the University of California, Los AngelesBeate Ritz
Department of Epidemiology, School of Public Health, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Am J Epidemiol 166:1045-52. 2007..These results confirm the importance of reducing exposure misclassification when evaluating the effect of traffic-related pollutants that vary spatially...
- The impact of different causal models on estimated effects of disinfection by-products on preterm birthChad Lewis
Environmental Science and Engineering Program, Department of Environmental Health Sciences, School of Public Health, University of California, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Environ Res 111:371-6. 2011..density-sampling of controls and matching on gestational age) and appropriate control of confounding...
- Estimated deaths attributable to social factors in the United StatesSandro Galea
Department of Epidemiology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Am J Public Health 101:1456-65. 2011..We estimated the number of deaths attributable to social factors in the United States...
- Methodological issues in studies of air pollution and reproductive healthTracey J Woodruff
Program on Reproductive Health and the Environment, Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Reproductive Sciences, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA, USA
Environ Res 109:311-20. 2009..This work is of critical public health importance because of widespread exposure and because perinatal outcomes are important markers of future child and adult health...
- Preterm birth: the interaction of traffic-related air pollution with economic hardship in Los Angeles neighborhoodsNinez A Ponce
Department of Health Services, School of Public Health, University of California at Los Angeles, CA 90095 1772, USA
Am J Epidemiol 162:140-8. 2005....
- Adjustment for response bias via two-phase analysis: an applicationKatherine J Hoggatt
Department of Epidemiology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Epidemiology 20:872-9. 2009..We use data from a study of air pollution and birth outcomes to illustrate how a 2-phase analysis can yield less biased and more precise results...
- Suicide mortality among individuals receiving treatment for depression in the Veterans Affairs health system: associations with patient and treatment setting characteristicsKara Zivin
Serious Mental Illness Treatment Research and Evaluation Center SMITREC, Health Services Research and Development HSR and D Center of Excellence, Department of Veterans Affairs, Ann Arbor, Mich, USA
Am J Public Health 97:2193-8. 2007..We sought to report clinical and demographic factors associated with suicide among depressed veterans in an attempt to determine what characteristics identified depressed veterans at high risk for suicide...