Affiliation: University of South Florida
- Too much lumping in ischemic stroke - a new classificationMichael Hoffmann
Department of Neurology, University of South Florida, Tampa, Florida 33612, USA
Med Sci Monit 10:CR285-7. 2004..Recent advances include a multitude of stroke investigative modalities that are noninvasive, allowing more precise mechanistic determination...
- Cognitive impairment in isolated subtentorial strokeMichael Hoffmann
Cerebrovascular Program, Department of Neurology, University of South Florida, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
Acta Neurol Scand 109:14-24. 2004..Recent case reports have implicated subtentorial lesions of the brainstem or cerebellum as part of the neurocognitive circuitry...
- Comprehensive cognitive neurological assessment in strokeM Hoffmann
Division of Cognitive Vascular Neurology, University of South Florida, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
Acta Neurol Scand 119:162-71. 2009..Cognitive syndromes (CS) after stroke may be important to measure and monitor for management and emerging therapies...
- Metacognition in stroke: bedside assessment and relation to location, size, and stroke severityMichael Hoffmann
Department of Neurology, Stroke Center, University of South Florida and Tampa General Hospital, 12901 Bruce B Down s Boulevard, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
Cogn Behav Neurol 19:85-94. 2006..Frontal syndromes are poorly represented on stroke scales, yet may constitute an important component of the neurologic deficit impacting treatment and rehabilitation efforts...
- Emotional stroke: clinicoradiologic profileM Hoffmann
Department of Neurology, University of South Florida and Tampa General Hospital, MDC 55, 12901 Bruce B Downs Blvd, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
Cogn Behav Neurol 17:238-41. 2004..Relationships of emotional stressors (ES), stroke subtypes, and mechanisms...
- Etiology of frontal network syndromes in isolated subtentorial strokeMichael Hoffmann
Cognitive Neurology Division, Department of Neurology, University of South Florida, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
Behav Neurol 20:101-5. 2008..The neurobiology of the frontal network syndrome (FNS) that may occur with isolated subtentorial stroke is unknown...
- Vascular cognitive syndromes: relation to stroke etiology and topographyM Hoffmann
Division of Cognitive Neurology, University of South Florida, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
Acta Neurol Scand 120:161-9. 2009..Cognitive syndromes (CS) after stroke may be important to measure and monitor for management and emerging therapies...
- Isolated frontopolar cortex lesion: a case studyMichael Hoffmann
Department of Neurology, University of Central Florida, Orlando, FL, USA
Cogn Behav Neurol 25:50-6. 2012..These theories are based primarily on functional activation studies. The few lesion models reported have not been restricted to the frontopolar cortex...
- Isolated right temporal lobe stroke patients present with Geschwind Gastaut syndrome, frontal network syndrome and delusional misidentification syndromesMichael Hoffmann
Division of Cognitive Neurology, Department of Neurology, University of South Florida and VA James A Haley Hospital, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
Behav Neurol 20:83-9. 2008..Right temporal lobe lesion syndrome elicitation presents a clinical challenge. Aside from occasional covert quadrantanopias, heralding elementary neurological deficits are absent...
- A brief review of cognitive assessment in neurotoxicologyDong Y Han
Department of Neurology, University of Kentucky College of Medicine, 740 South Limestone Street, Suite L445, Lexington, KY 40536 0284, USA
Neurol Clin 29:581-90. 2011..In the context of Neurotoxicology, this article briefly reviews the contemporary literature and the utility of cognitive assessment tools that are used in neuropsychology...
- The impact of stroke on emotional intelligenceMichael Hoffmann
Cognitive Neurology Division, Neurology Department, James A Haley VA Hospital, 13000 Bruce B, Down s Blvd, Tampa, Florida 33612, USA
BMC Neurol 10:103. 2010..Emotional intelligence (EI) is important for personal, social and career success and has been linked to the frontal anterior cingulate, insula and amygdala regions...
- Cryptococcal meningitis misdiagnosed as Alzheimer's disease: complete neurological and cognitive recovery with treatmentMichael Hoffmann
Department of Neurology, University of South Florida and James A Haley Veteran s Administration Hospital, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
J Alzheimers Dis 16:517-20. 2009..Four months after treatment, the patient was normal neurologically, cognitively and neuroradiologically. The specific cognitive impairment and neuroradiological findings may be clues to differing dementia etiologies...
- Foreign accent syndrome mimicked by Garcin syndrome with spontaneous resolutionMichael Hoffmann
Department of Neurology, University of South Florida, Tampa, FL 33626, USA
Behav Neurol 19:195-7. 2008..The neurological diagnoses included a foreign accent syndrome attributed to a reversible Garcin syndrome...
- Stroke and chest pain in young people with migraineMichael Hoffmann
Department of Urology, University of South Florida, Tampa 33612, USA
Headache 46:208-11. 2006..Cerebrovascular and cardiovascular complications in migraineurs may be part of the migraine process and also consequent to triptan treatment...
- Efficacy and safety of recombinant activated factor VII for acute intracerebral hemorrhageStephan A Mayer
Department of Neurology, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, USA
N Engl J Med 358:2127-37. 2008..We performed this phase 3 trial to confirm a previous study in which recombinant activated factor VII (rFVIIa) reduced growth of the hematoma and improved survival and functional outcomes...
- Motor aprosodia due to isolated brainstem stroke in a young womanM Hoffmann
Stroke Center, Department of Neurology, University of South Florida, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
Acta Neurol Scand 112:197-8. 2005..This is the first report of aprosodia with an isolated brainstem lesion...
- Call TIAs "TIBs"Michael Hoffmann
Stroke 35:e13; author reply e13. 2004
- Transient environmental dependency syndrome due to phendimetrazine tartrateMichael Hoffmann
Eur Neurol 58:49-50. 2007