Affiliation: University of Michigan
- Location of ectopic adrenocortical hormone-secreting tumors causing Cushing's syndrome in the paranasal sinusesIsrael Hodish
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Metabolism, Endocrinology and Diabetes, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Head Neck 31:699-706. 2009..The majority of ectopic adrenocorticotropic hormone (ACTH)-secreting tumors are localized in the chest or abdomen. Occasionally, these tumors are found in the paranasal sinuses...
- In vivo misfolding of proinsulin below the threshold of frank diabetesIsrael Hodish
Division of Metabolism, Endocrinology, and Diabetes, University of Michigan Medical Center, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
Diabetes 60:2092-101. 2011..Herein we have compared two mouse models expressing equally small amounts of transgenic proinsulin in pancreatic β-cells...
- Misfolded proinsulin affects bystander proinsulin in neonatal diabetesIsrael Hodish
Division of Metabolism, Endocrinology, and Diabetes, University of Michigan Medical Center, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 0678, USA
J Biol Chem 285:685-94. 2010..The data support that misfolded proinsulin perturbs bystander proinsulin in the endoplasmic reticulum, leading to beta-cell failure...
- Proinsulin misfolding and diabetes: mutant INS gene-induced diabetes of youthMing Liu
Division of Metabolism, Endocrinology and Diabetes, University of Michigan Medical Center, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Trends Endocrinol Metab 21:652-9. 2010..Accumulated evidence indicates that, in the molecular pathogenesis of the disease, misfolded proinsulin exerts dominant effects that initially inhibit insulin production, progressing to beta cell demise with diabetes...
- Frequent insulin dosage adjustments based on glucose readings alone are sufficient for a safe and effective therapyEran Bashan
Hygieia, Inc, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
J Diabetes Complications 26:230-6. 2012..We hypothesize that glucose readings are sufficient to adjust insulin dosage provided that it is done on a weekly basis...
- The effort required to achieve and maintain optimal glycemic controlElyse S Rosenthal
University of Michigan, College of Literature, Arts and Sciences, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
J Diabetes Complications 25:283-8. 2011..Insulin therapy is most effective when dosage is frequently adjusted. We sought to evaluate the effort required to maintain A1C below 7% once attained in older patients with type 2 diabetes...
- Proinsulin maturation, misfolding, and proteotoxicityMing Liu
Division of Metabolism, Endocrinology, and Diabetes, University of Michigan Medical Center, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:15841-6. 2007..The data imply that PI misfolding leading to impaired endoplasmic reticulum exit of nonmutant PI may be a key early step in a chain reaction of beta cell dysfunction and demise leading to onset and progression of diabetes...
- Are glucose readings sufficient to adjust insulin dosage?Eran Bashan
Hygieia, Inc, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
Diabetes Technol Ther 13:85-92. 2011..We hypothesize that glucose readings are sufficient to adjust insulin dosage provided that dosage is adjusted every 1-4 weeks...
- A Novel Tool to Understand Insulin Production and Failure in Pancreatic beta-CellIsrael Hodish; Fiscal Year: 2007..The model presented opens new avenues to the development and testing of potential therapeutic interventions that may ultimately help preserve insulin secretory function in humans with diabetes mellitus. ..