Wendy L Hobson
Affiliation: University of Utah
- Caring for the underserved: using patient and physician focus groups to inform curriculum developmentWendy L Hobson
Departments of Pediatrics, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT 84132, USA
Ambul Pediatr 5:90-5. 2005..A literature review revealed that curricula specific to caring for the underserved tend to focus on specific medical diagnoses rather than physician or patient behaviors...
- Bottled, filtered, and tap water use in Latino and non-Latino childrenWendy L Hobson
Division of General Pediatrics, University of Utah, Salt Lake City 84132, USA
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 161:457-61. 2007....
- Creating flexibility in pediatric resident educationWendy L Hobson
Education Enterprise, Department of Pediatrics, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
Pediatrics 127:1088-93. 2011..A program with 2 half days of continuity clinic that offers an option for residents to use 1 half day for advocacy or research projects may offer such flexibility...
- Spanish-speaking patients perceive high quality care in resident continuity practices: a CORNET studyScott D Krugman
Department of Pediatrics, Franklin Square Hospital Center, and Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21237, USA
Clin Pediatr (Phila) 48:304-10. 2009..After adjustment, Spanish-speaking parents rated communication significantly higher. Resident clinics may use systems to provide high quality care to Spanish-speaking patients, which may help other sites improve care...
- The good habit of reading (El Buen Habito de la Lectura): parental reactions to an enhanced Reach Out and Read program in a clinic for the underservedCarrie L Byington
Department of Pediatrics, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT 84132, USA
J Health Care Poor Underserved 19:363-8. 2008..This report describes parental reactions to a Reach Out and Read (ROR) program enhanced with a children's library in an urban clinic serving low-income immigrant families...
- Academy of pediatric education and leadership: preparing leaders for educational innovationWendy L Hobson
Department of Pediatrics, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
Pediatrics 128:1-4. 2011....