B C Ho
Affiliation: University of Iowa
- Untreated initial psychosis: its relation to quality of life and symptom remission in first-episode schizophreniaB C Ho
Mental Health Clinical Research Center, Department of Psychiatry, University of Iowa College of Medicine, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Am J Psychiatry 157:808-15. 2000..If untreated psychosis is neurotoxic, this would form a strong basis for early intervention in schizophrenia...
- MAPK14 and CNR1 gene variant interactions: effects on brain volume deficits in schizophrenia patients with marijuana misuseO E Onwuameze
Department of Psychiatry, Southern Illinois University Medical School, Springfield, IL, USA
Psychol Med 43:619-31. 2013..MAPK14 encodes a member of the MAPK family involved in diverse cellular processes, including CNR1-induced apoptosis...
- Clinical features characterizing young-onset and intermediate-onset schizophreniaS K Schultz
University of Iowa, Department of Psychiatry, Mental Health Clinical Research Center, Iowa City, USA
J Neuropsychiatry Clin Neurosci 12:502-5. 2000..The dichotomy of early vs. late onset may extend to a younger population, reflecting a more continuous influence...
- Statistical epistasis and progressive brain change in schizophrenia: an approach for examining the relationships between multiple genesN C Andreasen
Psychiatric Iowa Neuroimaging Consortium, University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Mol Psychiatry 17:1093-102. 2012..This ability to replicate previous work suggests that our method has potential for detecting a meaningful epistatic relationship among the genes that influence brain abnormalities in schizophrenia...
- Catechol-O-methyl transferase Val158Met gene polymorphism in schizophrenia: working memory, frontal lobe MRI morphology and frontal cerebral blood flowB C Ho
Department of Psychiatry, Roy J and Lucille A Carver College of Medicine, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA 52252, USA
Mol Psychiatry 10:229, 287-98. 2005..Age-related changes and phenotypic heterogeneity of schizophrenia may influence the complex relationships between COMT genotype and cognition...