Affiliation: University of California
- Proteomics: current techniques and potential applications to lung diseaseJan Hirsch
Cardiovascular Research Institute, University of California, San Francisco, 505 Parnassus Ave HSW 825, San Francisco, CA 94143 0130, USA
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 287:L1-23. 2004..This article provides a brief review of the most promising proteomics methods and some of their applications to pulmonary research...
- Impact of low and high tidal volumes on the rat alveolar epithelial type II cell proteomeJan Hirsch
Cardiovascular Research Institute, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143 0130, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 175:1006-13. 2007..Mechanical ventilation with high tidal volumes leads to increased permeability, generation of inflammatory mediators, and damage to alveolar epithelial cells (ATII)...
- Alterations in the proteome of pulmonary alveolar type II cells in the rat after hepatic ischemia-reperfusionJan Hirsch
Anesthesia and Perioperative Care, Mass Spectrometry Facility, University of California, San Francisco, CA, USA
Crit Care Med 36:1846-54. 2008..Hepatic ischemia-reperfusion can be associated with acute lung injury. Alveolar epithelial type II cells (ATII) play an important role in maintaining lung homeostasis in acute lung injury...
- Contribution of CFTR to apical-basolateral fluid transport in cultured human alveolar epithelial type II cellsXiaohui Fang
Cardiovascular Research Inst, Department of Medicine Physiology, Univ of California, San Francisco, CA 94143 0130, USA
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 290:L242-9. 2006..We conclude that CFTR is expressed in cultured human AT II cells and may contribute to cAMP-regulated apical-basolateral fluid transport...
- Warm ischemia-induced alterations in oxidative and inflammatory proteins in hepatic Kupffer cells in ratsJan Hirsch
Mass Spectrometry Facility, Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, University of California, San Francisco, California 94143 0446, USA
Mol Cell Proteomics 5:979-86. 2006..The ability to simultaneously monitor several pathways involved in reperfusion stress may result in important mechanistic insight and possibly new treatment options...
- Fluid transport across cultured rat alveolar epithelial cells: a novel in vitro systemXiaohui Fang
Cardiovascular Research Institute, University of California, San Francisco, 94143-0130, USA
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 287:L104-10. 2004..In conclusion, this novel in vitro system can be used to measure net vectorial fluid transport across cultured, polarized alveolar epithelial cells...
- Mass spectrometric analysis of protein mixtures at low levels using cleavable 13C-isotope-coded affinity tag and multidimensional chromatographyKirk C Hansen
Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Mass Spectrometry Facility, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94143 0446, USA
Mol Cell Proteomics 2:299-314. 2003..In the latter case, the ICAT method produced significant new information on changes that occur in protein expression levels in a patient suffering from cystic fibrosis...