J C Hirsch
Affiliation: University of Michigan
- The lateral tunnel Fontan procedure for hypoplastic left heart syndrome: results of 100 consecutive patientsJ C Hirsch
Section of Cardiac Surgery, Division of Pediatric Cardiovascular Surgery, University of Michigan School of Medicine, 1500 E Medical Center Drive, Mott F7380, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0223, USA
Pediatr Cardiol 28:426-32. 2007..There was a low prevalence of late rhythm disturbances and other complications. Protein-losing enteropathy and prolonged pleural drainage were associated...
- Protecting the infant brain during cardiac surgery: a systematic reviewJennifer C Hirsch
Department of Cardiac Surgery, University of Michigan Medical Center, Mott Children s Hospital, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 4204, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 94:1365-73; discussion 1373. 2012..Well-designed studies with correlation to clinical outcomes and long-term follow-up are needed to develop guidelines for neuromonitoring and neuroprotection during CPB in infants...
- Hospital mortality for Norwood and arterial switch operations as a function of institutional volumeJennifer C Hirsch
Department of Surgery, Section of Cardiac Surgery, Division of Pediatric Cardiovascular Surgery, University of Michigan Medical Center, 5144 Cardiovascular Center, Ann Arbor, MI, 48109 5864, USA
Pediatr Cardiol 29:713-7. 2008..These results suggest that selective regionalization of complex neonatal cardiac procedures might result in significant improvement in hospital survival nationally...
- Near-infrared spectroscopy: what we know and what we need to know--a systematic review of the congenital heart disease literatureJennifer C Hirsch
Department of Surgery, Division of Pediatric Cardiovascular Surgery, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 5864, USA
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 137:154-9, 159e1-12. 2009..Responding to data in ways that seem intuitively beneficial can be risky when the long-term impact is unknown. Thus, we performed a systematic review of the literature on near-infrared spectroscopy in congenital heart disease...
- Near infrared spectroscopy (NIRS) should not be standard of care for postoperative managementJennifer C Hirsch
Department of Surgery, Section of Cardiac Surgery, Division of Pediatric Cardiovascular Surgery, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 5864, USA
Semin Thorac Cardiovasc Surg Pediatr Card Surg Annu 13:51-4. 2010..Although NIRS has promise for measuring regional tissue oxygen saturation, the lack of data demonstrating improved outcomes limits the support for wide-spread implementation...
- Population-based analysis of survival for hypoplastic left heart syndromeJennifer C Hirsch
Department of Surgery, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 5864, USA
J Pediatr 159:57-63. 2011..To analyze survival patterns among infants with hypoplastic left heart syndrome (HLHS) in the State of Michigan...