Affiliation: University of Arizona
- Texting for health: the use of participatory methods to develop healthy lifestyle messages for teensMelanie Hingle
Department of Nutritional Sciences, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ 85721, USA
J Nutr Educ Behav 45:12-9. 2013..To develop and test messages and a mobile phone delivery protocol designed to influence the nutrition and physical activity knowledge, attitudes, and behavior of adolescents...
- A model of goal directed vegetable parenting practicesMelanie Hingle
Department of Pediatrics, USDA ARS Children s Nutrition Research Center, Baylor College of Medicine, 1100 Bates Street, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Appetite 58:444-9. 2012..Understanding these factors could inform the design of interventions to increase parents' use of parenting practices that promote long-term child consumption of vegetables...
- Health professionals' and dietetics practitioners' perceived effectiveness of fruit and vegetable parenting practices across six countriesTeresia O'Connor
Department of Pediatrics, Baylor College of Medicine USDA Children s Nutrition Research Center, 1100 Bates St, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Am Diet Assoc 110:1065-71. 2010....
- Childhood obesity and the mediaMelanie Hingle
Department of Nutritional Sciences, University of Arizona, 1177 East, 4th Street, Shantz Building, Room 328, Tucson, AZ 85721, USA
Pediatr Clin North Am 59:677-92, ix. 2012..Industry efforts have failed to improve the nutritional quality of foods marketed on television to children, leading public health advocates to recommend government restrictions on child-targeted advertisements for unhealthy foods...
- Conceptual understanding of screen media parenting: report of a working groupTeresia M O'Connor
Children s Nutrition Research Center, Department of Pediatrics, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX, USA
Child Obes 9:S110-8. 2013..A research agenda was proposed to prioritize a validation of the framework and enhance the ability of researchers to best assess parenting influences across the three domains of content, context and amount of children's screen media use...
- Collection and visualization of dietary behavior and reasons for eating using TwitterMelanie Hingle
Department of Nutritional Science, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ 85721, USA
J Med Internet Res 15:e125. 2013..Mobile technologies allow individuals to record diet-related behavior in real time from any location; however, the most popular software applications lack empirical evidence supporting their efficacy as health promotion tools...
- A review of evidence-based strategies to treat obesity in adultsDeepika Laddu
Department of Nutritional Sciences, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ 85721 0093, USA
Nutr Clin Pract 26:512-25. 2011..Patients can best decide the appropriate approach working with a multidisciplinary team, including their health care provider and experts in nutrition, exercise, and behavioral intervention...