Genomes and Genes
Lisa M Hines
Affiliation: University of Colorado Health Sciences Center
- Alcohol consumption and high-density lipoprotein levels: the effect of ADH1C genotype, gender and menopausal statusLisa M Hines
Department of Pharmacology, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, 12800 East 19th Avenue, Aurora, CO 80010, USA
Atherosclerosis 182:293-300. 2005....
- Platelet adenylyl cyclase activity: a biological marker for major depression and recent drug useLisa M Hines
Department of Pharmacology, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, Colorado 80045 0511, USA
Biol Psychiatry 58:955-62. 2005..We examined the relationship between various measures of AC activity and major depression, taking into account potential confounders, such as drug use and gender...
- Long-term weight gain among Hispanic and non-Hispanic White women with and without breast cancerRebecca L Sedjo
Department of Community and Behavioral Health, Colorado School of Public Health, University of Colorado Denver, Aurora, Colorado 80045, USA
Nutr Cancer 65:34-42. 2013..These results suggest that weight management approaches are needed, especially those targeted to at-risk populations such as breast cancer survivors...
- A sex-specific role of type VII adenylyl cyclase in depressionLisa M Hines
Department of Pharmacology, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Aurora, Colorado 80045, USA
J Neurosci 26:12609-19. 2006..Collectively, our results demonstrate a sex-specific influence of the AC7 gene on a heritable form of depressive illness...
- Alcoholism: the dissection for endophenotypesLisa M Hines
Department of Pharmacology, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Aurora, CO 80045 0511, USA
Dialogues Clin Neurosci 7:153-63. 2005..This review summarizes the current literature, focused on human data, of promising endophenotypes for dissecting alcoholism...
- Multiple and additive functions of ALDH3A1 and ALDH1A1: cataract phenotype and ocular oxidative damage in Aldh3a1(-/-)/Aldh1a1(-/-) knock-out miceNatalie Lassen
Molecular Toxicology and Environmental Health Sciences Program, Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Rocky Mountain Lions Eye Institute, The Children s Hospital, University of Colorado, Denver, Colorado 80262, USA
J Biol Chem 282:25668-76. 2007..In conclusion, these findings support the hypothesis that corneal ALDH3A1 and lens ALDH1A1 protect the eye against cataract formation via nonenzymatic (light filtering) and enzymatic (detoxification) functions...
- Family history and age at onset of breast cancer in Hispanic and non-Hispanic white womenBetsy Risendal
Department of Preventive Medicine and Biometrics, University of Colorado at Denver and Health Sciences, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Cancer Causes Control 19:1349-55. 2008..To evaluate the association between family history of breast cancer and breast cancer risk among Hispanic and non-Hispanic white (NHW) women...
- Genetic modification of the effect of alcohol consumption on CHDLisa M Hines
Department of Epidemiology, Harvard School of Public Health, 677 Huntington Avenue, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Proc Nutr Soc 63:73-9. 2004..Studying genetic differences that potentially influence disease susceptibility among populations may provide insight into the mechanism(s) for the relationship between risk factor and disease, such as alcohol and CHD...