Katherine P Himes
Affiliation: University of Pittsburgh
- Time from cervical conization to pregnancy and preterm birthKatherine P Himes
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Reproductive Sciences, Division of Maternal Fetal Medicine, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, 300 Halket Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Obstet Gynecol 109:314-9. 2007..To estimate whether the time interval between cervical conization and subsequent pregnancy is associated with risk of preterm birth...
- Risk of recurrent preterm birth and placental pathologyKatherine P Himes
University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Obstet Gynecol 112:121-6. 2008..To estimate whether placental pathological lesions from an index preterm birth are associated with an increased risk of recurrent preterm birth and to estimate whether certain pathologic lesions recur in a woman's next delivery...
- Maternal serum folate species in early pregnancy and lower genital tract inflammatory milieuHyagriv N Simhan
Division of Maternal Fetal Medicine, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, School of Medicine, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 205:61.e1-7. 2011..Our objective was to explore the relation between serum folate vitamers and the lower genital tract inflammatory milieu...
- Plasma corticotropin-releasing hormone and cortisol concentrations and perceived stress among pregnant women with preterm and term birthKatherine P Himes
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Magee Women s Hospital, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Am J Perinatol 28:443-8. 2011..The factors contributing to the elevation in CRH that precedes some preterm birth are complex and poorly understood...
- Comprehensive analysis of the transcriptional response of human decidual cells to lipopolysaccharide stimulationKatherine P Himes
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences, Division of Maternal Fetal Medicine, University of Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
J Reprod Immunol 93:17-27. 2012..Our novel, preliminary findings provide insight into possible mechanisms via which the host inflammatory response could contribute to preterm birth and warrant further investigation in preterm samples...
- Genetic susceptibility to infection-mediated preterm birthKatherine P Himes
Division of Maternal Fetal Medicine, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Magee Womens Hospital, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Infect Dis Clin North Am 22:741-53, vii. 2008..Given this, methodological considerations are emphasized to improve our understanding of the genetic susceptibility to infection-mediated preterm birth...
- Maternal serum folate species in early pregnancy and risk of preterm birthLisa M Bodnar
Department of Epidemiology, Graduate School of Public Health, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15261, USA
Am J Clin Nutr 92:864-71. 2010..Poor maternal folate status has been associated with an increased risk of preterm birth. However, major gaps remain in our understanding of how individual folate species relate to preterm birth...