C H Hillman
Affiliation: University of Illinois
- Physical activity and academic achievement across the curriculum (A + PAAC): rationale and design of a 3-year, cluster-randomized trialJoseph E Donnelly
Division of Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Research Institute, The University of Kansas Medical Center, 3901 Rainbow Boulevard, Kansas City, KS 66160, USA
BMC Public Health 13:307. 2013....
- From ERPs to academicsCharles H Hillman
Department of Kinesiology and Community Health, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, Urbana, IL 61801, United States
Dev Cogn Neurosci 2:S90-8. 2012..No such relationship was observed for spelling. These data suggest that the P3, which reflects attentional processes involved in stimulus evaluation and inhibitory control may be a biomarker for academic achievement during childhood...
- Aerobic fitness and cognitive development: Event-related brain potential and task performance indices of executive control in preadolescent childrenCharles H Hillman
Department of Kinesiology and Community Health, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, USA
Dev Psychol 45:114-29. 2009..The findings differ from those observed in adult populations by indicating a general rather than a selective relationship between aerobic fitness and cognition...
- The effect of acute treadmill walking on cognitive control and academic achievement in preadolescent childrenC H Hillman
Department of Kinesiology and Community Health, 317 Louise Freer Hall, 906 South Goodwin Avenue, University of Illinois at Urbana, Champaign, Urbana, IL 61801, USA
Neuroscience 159:1044-54. 2009..These data suggest that single bouts of exercise affect specific underlying processes that support cognitive health and may be necessary for effective functioning across the lifespan...
- A review of chronic and acute physical activity participation on neuroelectric measures of brain health and cognition during childhoodCharles H Hillman
Department of Kinesiology and Community Health, University of Illinois, Urbana, IL 61801, USA
Prev Med 52:S21-8. 2011..Here, we review the relevant neuroelectric findings on this beneficial relation in children, providing support for the influence of physical activity on specific cognitive processes that comprise academic performance...
- Aerobic fitness is associated with greater efficiency of the network underlying cognitive control in preadolescent childrenM W Voss
Beckman Institute and Department of Psychology, University of Illinois, Urbana Champaign, IL 61801, USA
Neuroscience 199:166-76. 2011....
- Cardiorespiratory fitness and acute aerobic exercise effects on neuroelectric and behavioral measures of action monitoringJ R Themanson
Department of Kinesiology and Community Health, 213 Freer Hall, 906 South Goodwin Avenue, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, Urbana, IL 61801, USA
Neuroscience 141:757-67. 2006....