Affiliation: University of Chicago
- Issues and initiatives in the testing process in primary care physician officesJohn M Hickner
Department of Family Medicine, Division of Biological Sciences, Pritzker School of Medicine, University of Chicago, USA
Jt Comm J Qual Patient Saf 31:81-9. 2005..These errors may result in significant harm to patients and lead to inefficient practice. Important issues are summarized for primary care clinicians and their offices toconsider in improving the management of the testing processes...
- Physicians' and patients' views of cancer care by family physicians: a report from the American Academy of Family Physicians National Research NetworkJohn Hickner
Pritzker School of Medicine, University of Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Fam Med 39:126-31. 2007..There has been little research describing the role of family physicians in the care of patients with an active diagnosis of cancer...
- Testing process errors and their harms and consequences reported from family medicine practices: a study of the American Academy of Family Physicians National Research NetworkJ Hickner
Department of Family Medicine, The University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine, 5841 S Maryland Ave, MC 7110, Suite M 156, Chicago, IL 60637 1470, USA
Qual Saf Health Care 17:194-200. 2008..Little is known about the types and outcomes of testing process errors that occur in primary care...
- Practice-based research networks: the laboratories of primary care researchErik J Lindbloom
University of Missouri Columbia, Columbia, Missouri 65212, USA
Med Care 42:III45-9. 2004..As electronic technologies are fully developed and tested, they will facilitate communication between clinicians and researchers, thereby improving the effectiveness and efficiency of practice-based research...
- Clinicians' management of children and adolescents with acute pharyngitisSarah Y Park
Epidemiology Program Office, Division of Bacterial and Mycotic Diseases, National Center for Infectious Diseases, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Pediatrics 117:1871-8. 2006..We surveyed pediatricians and family physicians to evaluate their management strategies for children and adolescents with acute pharyngitis and to assess the availability and use of diagnostic tests in office practice...
- A national survey of primary care practice-based research networksWilliam M Tierney
Division of General Internal Medicine and Geriatrics, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, Ind, USA
Ann Fam Med 5:242-50. 2007..To assess the current status and potential value of this resource, we surveyed US primary care PBRNs in operation from late 2003 to early 2004...
- Data collection outcomes comparing paper forms with PDA forms in an office-based patient surveyJames M Galliher
AAFP National Research Network, American Academy of Family Physicians, 11400 Tomahawk Creek Pkwy, Leawood, KS 66211, USA
Ann Fam Med 6:154-60. 2008....