- Causal and bidirectional linkages over time between depression and diabetes regimen distress in adults with type 2 diabetes
University of California, San Francisco, CA, USA Electronic address
Diabetes Res Clin Pract 108:360-6. 2015
..We examined longitudinal associations between RD and depression to explicate the direction and mechanism of operation between these two constructs...
- Reductions in regimen distress are associated with improved management and glycemic control over time
Corresponding author Danielle Hessler
Diabetes Care 37:617-24. 2014
..Findings point to the complex and likely multifaceted pathways of association among these key constructs, with results indicating significant linkages between RD and both self-management and glycemic control over time. ..
- The effectiveness of medical assistant health coaching for low-income patients with uncontrolled diabetes, hypertension, and hyperlipidemia: protocol for a randomized controlled trial and baseline characteristics of the study population
Department of Family and Community Medicine, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA, USA
BMC Fam Pract 14:27. 2013
- Chromium supplementation in non-obese non-diabetic subjects is associated with a decline in insulin sensitivity
Department of Medicine, Diabetes Center, University of California San Francisco, 400 Parnassus Avenue, San Francisco, CA, 94143 1222, USA
BMC Endocr Disord 12:31. 2012
- Young adult African American patients with type 2 diabetes: a high risk patient sub-group with few supports for good diabetes management
Danielle Marie Hessler
University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
J Health Psychol 17:535-44. 2012
..They reported relying less on partners, greater unresolved conflict with partners around diabetes, and less church involvement. The association between age and HbA1c was partially mediated by patients' trust of their physician...
- Patient age: a neglected factor when considering disease management in adults with type 2 diabetes
Danielle M Hessler
Department of Family and Community Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, 94143, USA
Patient Educ Couns 85:154-9. 2011
..The average age at diagnosis for type 2 diabetes is decreasing. However, because age is most often controlled for in clinical research, little is known regarding how adult age is associated with diabetes disease-related variables...
- Brief report: Associations between emotional competence and adolescent risky behavior
Danielle M Hessler
UCSF, Department of Family and Community Medicine, Box 0900, San Francisco, CA 94143, United States
J Adolesc 33:241-6. 2010
..Findings suggest that children's emotional competence may serve as a useful point of intervention to decrease risky behavior in adolescence...
- Understanding the sources of diabetes distress in adults with type 1 diabetes
Department of Family and Community Medicine, UCSF, San Francisco, California Electronic address
J Diabetes Complications 29:572-7. 2015
..To identify the unique sources of diabetes distress (DD) for adults with type 1 diabetes (T1D)...
- Using the Teamlet Model to improve chronic care in an academic primary care practice
Ellen H Chen
Department of Family and Community Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94110, USA
J Gen Intern Med 25:S610-4. 2010
..Team care can improve management of chronic conditions, but implementing a team approach in an academic primary care clinic presents unique challenges...
- Health and psychosocial outcomes in U.S. adult patients with diabetes from diverse ethnicities
Department of Pediatrics, University of California San Francisco, 400 Parnassus Avenue, 4th Floor, UCSF, MailBox 0318, San Francisco, CA 94143 0318, USA
Curr Diab Rep 12:729-38. 2012
..Using this information, our hope is that health care practitioners and researchers alike can better respond to the psychosocial needs of ethnically diverse patients...