L M Hess
Affiliation: University of Arizona
- Measurement of adherence in pharmacy administrative databases: a proposal for standard definitions and preferred measuresLisa M Hess
Arizona Cancer Center, University of Arizona, Tucson, 85724, USA
Ann Pharmacother 40:1280-88. 2006..These measures have focused on improving the accuracy of adherence measures or clarifying the evaluation time frame. As a result, there are many measures used to assess adherence that may or may not be comparable or accurate...
- Results of a phase I multiple-dose clinical study of ursodeoxycholic AcidLisa M Hess
Arizona Cancer Center, University of Arizona Health Sciences Center, 1515 North Campbell Avenue, POB 245024, Tucson, AZ 85724 5024, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 13:861-7. 2004....
- A meta-analysis of the efficacy of intraperitoneal cisplatin for the front-line treatment of ovarian cancerL M Hess
Arizona Cancer Center, College of Medicine, University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona, USA
Int J Gynecol Cancer 17:561-70. 2007..799 (95% CI: 0.702-0.910, P= 0.0007). These findings strongly support the incorporation of an IP cisplatin regimen to improve survival in the front-line treatment of stage III, optimally debulked ovarian cancer...
- Adherence assessment using medication weight in a phase IIb clinical trial of difluoromethylornithine for the chemoprevention of skin cancerLisa M Hess
Arizona Cancer Center, University of Arizona, P O Box 245024, 1515 North Campbell Avenue, 2964A1 Tucson, AZ 85724, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 14:2579-83. 2005..This study evaluates the association between participant self-reported study diary records and the weight of the medication vessel at each study visit, in the setting of a phase IIb topical chemoprevention trial...
- Factors associated with osteonecrosis of the jaw among bisphosphonate usersLisa M Hess
College of Medicine, Arizona Cancer Center, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ 85724 5024, USA
Am J Med 121:475-483.e3. 2008..It is unclear if the risk factors associated with osteonecrosis of the jaw among cancer patients taking bisphosphonates also are possible risk factors among patients receiving these medications for other indications...
- Weight change during chemotherapy as a potential prognostic factor for stage III epithelial ovarian carcinoma: a Gynecologic Oncology Group studyL M Hess
Arizona Cancer Center, University of Arizona, 1515 N Campbell Avenue, Room 2964G, PO Box 245024, Tucson, AZ 85724 5024, USA
Gynecol Oncol 107:260-5. 2007..We sought to explore the association between weight change during treatment and survival, as well as the association between pre-chemotherapy body mass index (BMI) and survival...
- Proceedings of a GOG workshop on intraperitoneal therapy for ovarian cancerD S Alberts
University of Arizona, Arizona Cancer Center, 1515 N Campbell Avenue, POB 245024, Tucson, AZ 85724 5024, and Case Western Reserve University Hospital, USA
Gynecol Oncol 103:783-92. 2006..The proceedings of this workshop summarize both research trial results and practical implementation issues associated with intraperitoneal therapy discussed at this workshop...
- Karyometry of the colonic mucosaDavid S Alberts
Arizona Cancer Center, College of Medicine, University of Arizona, 1515 North Campbell Avenue, Tucson, AZ 85724 5024, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 16:2704-16. 2007..The study summarizes results of karyometric measurements in epithelial cells of the colorectal mucosa to document evidence of a field effect of preneoplastic development among patients with colorectal adenocarcinoma or adenoma...
- Phase III trial of ursodeoxycholic acid to prevent colorectal adenoma recurrenceDavid S Alberts
Department of Medicine, Arizona Cancer Center, College of Public Health, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 97:846-53. 2005..We conducted a phase III, double-blind placebo-controlled trial of UDCA to evaluate its ability to prevent colorectal adenoma recurrence...
- Fecal bile acid concentrations in a subpopulation of the wheat bran fiber colon polyp trialDavid S Alberts
Arizona Cancer Center, University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona 85724 5024, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 12:197-200. 2003..Thus, the inability of the high WBF intervention to reduce colorectal adenoma recurrence may be a consequence of its lack of effect on fecal aqueous-phase secondary bile acid concentrations...
- Intake of supplemental and total fiber and risk of colorectal adenoma recurrence in the wheat bran fiber trialElizabeth T Jacobs
Arizona Cancer Center, University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona 87516, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 11:906-14. 2002....
- Limits of detection of chemopreventive efficacy: karyometry of skin biopsiesPeter H Bartels
College of Optical Sciences and Arizona Cancer Center, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ 85724, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 17:1689-95. 2008..This study was designed to establish estimates of the smallest effects due to chemopreventive intervention detectable by karyometry in skin biopsies...
- The role of intraperitoneal therapy in advanced ovarian cancerLisa M Hess
Arizona Cancer Center Tucson, Arizona, USA
Oncology (Williston Park) 21:227-32; discussion 232, 235, 239-42. 2007..When making a decision between i.p. and i.v. therapeutic options, the experience and preference of the oncologist are critical factors in determining appropriate therapy for each woman...
- Chemotherapy-related change in cognitive function: a conceptual modelLisa M Hess
The College of Medicine, The Arizona Cancer Center, The University of Arizona, Tucson
Oncol Nurs Forum 34:981-94. 2007..To develop a conceptual model of chemotherapy-related changes in cognitive function...