MANUEL E HERNANDEZ
Affiliation: University of Michigan
- Age-related differences in maintenance of balance during forward reach to the floorMANUEL E HERNANDEZ
Address correspondence to Manuel E Hernandez, Mobility Research Center, University of Michigan, 2025 Traverwood Drive, Suite E, Ann Arbor, MI 48105 e mail
J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci 68:960-7. 2013....
- The effect of age, movement direction, and target size on the maximum speed of targeted COP movements in healthy womenMANUEL E HERNANDEZ
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Biomechanics Research Laboratory, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Hum Mov Sci 31:1213-23. 2012....
- Age-related changes in speed and accuracy during rapid targeted center of pressure movements near the posterior limit of the base of supportMANUEL E HERNANDEZ
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Biomechanics Research Laboratory, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48105, USA
Clin Biomech (Bristol, Avon) 27:910-6. 2012..So, we hypothesized that, in comparison to young women, older women would display a disproportionate decrease of speed and accuracy in the primary center of pressure submovements as movement amplitude increases...
- Characteristics of older adults with self-reported stooping, crouching, or kneeling difficultyMANUEL E HERNANDEZ
Department of Biomedical Engineering, The University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci 63:759-63. 2008..This study examined characteristics associated with SCK difficulty to explore underlying mechanisms and remediation strategies...
- Decreased muscle strength relates to self-reported stooping, crouching, or kneeling difficulty in older adultsMANUEL E HERNANDEZ
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Mobility Research Center, University of Michigan, 2025 Traverwood Dr, Suite E, Ann Arbor, MI 48105, USA
Phys Ther 90:67-74. 2010..Older adults with stooping, crouching, or kneeling (SCK) difficulty have demonstrated an increased fall risk. Strength (force-generating capacity) measures may be useful for determining both SCK difficulty and fall risk...
- Training in trunk control biomechanics in older adultsManuel Hernandez; Fiscal Year: 2007..Co-mentor will be James Ashton-Miller PhD, biomechanical engineer and Director of the Biomechanics Research Laboratory. ..